Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#18201 09/13/00 03:22 AM
OP Offline

Congratulations on your purchase of the PR program!

Going through the program was difficult at first for me. There were sections that confused me but I forged ahead. When I completed the course ... I was anxious to see results, nothing happened, and then I started to question myself with many questions ... am I doing that right, did I miss a step, how comes the blip disappered etc.

I eventually ran through the course a second time and I'm glad I did ... I picked up so many other helpful tips from Paul that I missed through the first run.

But I have made a 'commitment' to myself to make this work! This means going easy on myself, playing with the steps, believing in the process, remaining focused, remaining positive and waiting ... patiently for the results to happen!!!

A real motivator for me at this point in time in the process is that I don't have to consciously thing about all the steps and what order they are to be performed ... this is an indicator that I am moving to the mastery level!! You will too, in time!

Good luck and stick with it ... mastery is yours for the taking!!!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

#18202 09/13/00 05:49 AM

Franky I am curious about your experiences with the book exercise. You say you failed at it. Can you be more specific? Maybe we can help you out.

Personally, I found that the super reading and dipping worked. After I was done with it I would read over the entire paragraphs to confirm that what I had dipped was indeed relevant (because it seemed like I wasn't dipping very much).

When I looked over the entire passage I realized that it worked. The stuff I hadn't read was not useful and should have been skipped. I think that trusting your inner mind is an important component of this course.

#18203 09/14/00 01:01 AM

The book is learning to learn wich is included in the home study course. I didnt had any activation still or familliarity with the book after photoreading it(I super-read and dipped it the day after). I didnt get any word right in the dictionnary yet either.
Well, im pretty sure I make the step mostly right but I dont get how the photoreading work quite right still. I tried stereoreading on the www.exploreit.net website(the page dosent work anymore btw) before buying the course because I couldnt have anything remembered from the books and only super-reading or rapid-reading books isnt what I expected to be other-than consious reading. But ill finish the course, give it a try some book with the technics and see how it goes after.

#18204 09/14/00 02:24 AM

Franky try reading the Learning to Learn book normally from the first page (see if you are able to read it faster than you normally would be able to). I find that I can read through a book quickly after I have photofocused the book.

Also I would recommend using the paraliminal tape that was included with the course.

#18205 09/15/00 01:27 AM

Memory supercharger? I use it all night before going to bed usualy. Very relaxing. Also bought personal genius(ironically, without knowing there was a buy for free coupon included with the course :\).
But, what is the use of photoreading if you read the whole book normally after? Developing the skill? Thx for the reply.

#18206 09/15/00 03:58 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Franky - Since you already purchased the Personal Genius tape, you can use that certificate for any other $14.95 tape. Just send it in with a note indicating which tape you want--and say I said it was ok.

#18207 09/16/00 10:21 PM

Thanks. What would you suggest as a third tape choice?

#18208 09/17/00 01:31 AM

Franky I suggested reading the first few pages normally to see if you found that you were able to read it faster than normal.

Some books I have to read everything because they are so technical (computer programming books for example). The cool thing is that I can read them extremely fast and still understand them after I have done the photofocus step. For me this really is valuable.

The other good thing is that I have the option to just super read and dip other books (given the situation). Other books only have a few valuable sections or chapters so I can skip the rest of the book. What happened when you tried dipping?

#18209 09/18/00 12:15 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

As far as a third tape: probably 10-Minute Supercharger, because it sharpens mental alertness. Deep Relaxation is also good, because it helps you take an inventory of your strengths and resources.

#18210 09/22/00 07:25 PM

Weight: I was able to read it faster than the usual because of super-read and dip but I didnt see any change of comprehension or any familiarity when I was reading it.

I will try to photoread it again upside down like they say... Maybe it will help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved