Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Franky Offline OP
OP Offline

I found a program that helped me a lot with those long to do mind map that dosent fit in one page(well, at least for my writing). It's called mind manager and it can be found here www.mindman.com. That's it, just wanted to share it. Just get the crack if you really want to give it a try since the limitation isnt fair enough =).

I was wondering why it was a tangerine that we had to put in the back of our head? Is the watermelon too big for that purpose? Since it is just visualization, it could b anything. So tell me, where did this tangerine idea come from?

There is also a program called eMindMaps, produced by the same company. It doesn't have all the functionality of its big brother (like collaborative mindmaps over the web), but it has the necessary functionality for mind mapping and is $100 less. It can be found at http://www.emindmaps.com.

I suppose whether or not you use a watermelon is dependent upon the strength of your neck.

I tried Mindmanager, it is a good program, there is a limitation when i tried to use symbols. It would not attach to the tree and the symbol editor uses wmf files. Using it on screen is o.K. but when i tried to print it out i found it could not fit much on A4 paper plus i was limited to printing on laser = black and white. I have investigated in buying an A3 ink jet to do all this. I also investigated buying a Wacom tablet to draw the symbols. All this added up to time and money in the end i went back to drawing by hand on large desk pads that vendors give away about A2 size.

There is another limitation. You can position the main branch but not the child branches.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Will Ho

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Why the Tangerine Technique?

Well, in the early days, way back in 1986 we had students put a variety of fruit on different points around the body, including watermelons, all to help folks find that point of awareness that aided reading.

Later that year, or maybe it was the next year, I flew to Boston for an introductory lecture on PhotoReading.

The plane circled and circled around Boston because of some delay. Soon I was teaching folks on the aiplane to PhotoRead. I didn't want to spend time going through the fruit basket, so I used just the tangerine--afterall, it has a distinct texture, smell, taste, color, and shape. Then someone asked something like, "Can you use the Tangerine Technique for..." And the name stuck.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved