Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FraserB Offline OP
OP Offline

I notice that "Guest" mentioned the Silva method. I have had a look at Amazon.com and various other internet sources for books and cassettes.

There seem to be quite a lot of choices. Can anyone recommend a particular title which would be useful for use with Photoreading ?

Are there any sites that people can recommend which give more information on Silva Mind Control Methods or similar ?

Thanx,

Fraser

Hi FraserB,

Silva Mind Control helps you to
1. quickly go into alpha/theta.
2. change anything you want in your life (from alpha/theta).

I think thats a great help for succeeding in photoreading.

The main title of the silva program book is "THE SILVA MIND CONTROL METHOD" by Jose Silva and Philip Miele.
The more esoteric one is "THE SILVA MIND CONTROL METHOD OF MENTAL DYNAMICS" by Burt Goldman and Jose Silva.
The third one is "THE SILVA MIND CONTROL METHOD FOR GETTING HELP FROM YoUR OTHER SIDE" by Jose Silva. This one is of the late days of Silva (1989) and it shows that Jose made a personel devolopment to the point, where he believes more and more in god.
For beginners the first one is the best, I think. But they all show the same techniques.

I praised the silva method here in this forum for the second time and I want to say that I am not working for the silva organisation. I just made the experience that (although there are other good methods to program going into alpha) this is the easiest and clearest method.
I am from Germany (Dosen`t RAMON sound spanish?) and perhaps have some mistakes in writing - hope you you understand the message (Do you?)

I hope I could help you. Of course the 'silvas' have a own site. It must be silva.com or silva-method.com or something like this.

Greetings, Ramon

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

http://www.nightingale.com has an audio tape program on the Silva Method.

Others have said it is good. Although we have it in our office library, I have not listened to it. The other posts on the Silva Method prompted me to look at the outline of the course the other day, and it looks intriguing.

I've taken a couple of courses based on the Silva Method, which I enjoyed. Paul Scheele took Silva training back in the 70s.

The Nightengale Conant production of the Silva Method contains all of the techniques contained in the Basic Lecture Series. However, you do miss the energy and interaction of the live seminar, plus you don't get a little card that allows you to retake the seminar as oftern as you want.

The Silva Method is a fantastic system for relaxation, accelerated learning, self-healing and (at least my own experiences have led me to believe this) the development of ESP and distant healing. There are also practical problem solving techniques, as well as techniques for goal setting and achievement.

The Silva Method dovetails nicely with both PhotoReading and Image Streaming, which really should not be a suprise - all of these methods deal with synchronizing both hemispheres of the brain, using the "alpha rhythms", preconscious processing, etc. Each simply has a slightly different focus.

If I recall, Mr. Scheele recommends PhotoReading books on the Silva Method in his book, _PhotoReading_. As a side note - learning the Silva Method can help tremendously in the areas of recall and activation. One of the Silva Method techniques includes a "mental laboratory". I have found that for activation, going to the "mental laboratory" and activating there can be of immense benefit (e.g., setting up a room in the inner levels and outfitting it with objects relevant to what I am activating and then playing there, invoking counselors who are experts in the area of the book that I am activating and chatting with them about it, etc.).

A side note to those who might be interested: back at the turn of the century there was a child prodigy by the name of William James Sidis (his life story is rather tragic, but he was a contemporary of Norbert Weiner and was just as bright as, if not brighter than, him as a child). He wrote a wonderful little article on how the unconscious mind (preconscious/subconscious/etc.) was really conscious. A link to this article is: http://www.sidis.net/Unconscious%20Intelligence.htm

I have listened to the Nightingale Conant program and didn't get that much value from it. But I have heard that the seminar is amazing. I intend on attending one of these days.

The Nightingale Conant production has the exact scripts used in the Silva Method seminars (each lecturer is supposed to read the induction techniques from a manual and use the exact wordings given - so anywhere that you go, the programming should be exactly the same). To gain any real benefit from the Nightingale Conant production, I would recommend going through the training to get to "level" a number of times (perhaps repeating the course several times over a couple of months). I think that you can achieve some spectacular results with the home study course.

In hindsight I should have focused on that mental laboratory exercise more. I think that having such a place to think through challenges would be advantageous. At the time I wasn't interested in improving my mental functioning.

I was really looking to improve the way I was feeling and I didn't find the system as effective for that. All that has changed and now that I feel unstoppable I am looking to pursue anything that accelerates learning. So I might look into this system again.

I think something that is glossed over in the Silva Method home study course by Nightingale Conant that is highly relevent to making the system work, and is also highly relevent to PhotoReading are the ideas of desire, belief and expectation. The Silva Method (and most other techniques of visualization for positive self change) requires that you remove doubts as to the efficacy of the system. Otherwise you are essentially saying to yourself - "I don't believe this works." and, in the case of learning systems, memory techniques, etc. if you do not believe it can work, it won't (although the converse is not always true). Essentially, you wind up defining your own limitations. This is also highly applicable to PhotoReading.

There is also a lot of power to be derived from "acting as if". Say that you are somewhat sceptical of PhotoReading or the Silva Method. Try acting as if the systems really work. Try to play as if you are getting all of the results that you want and expect. Then, after a while of playing like this (say, a month or two) see if you really do see improvements. You might take the stance that you did nothing more than talk yourself into making the stuff work, but if the end results are the same when you apply the basic techniques, does it matter. What I mean is - if you play "as if" PhotoReading really works, and you suddenly notice that you're getting results, doesn't that mean that there is a good chance that maybe it really does work? Similarly, if you play with the Silva Method and pretend that you can alter your moods, lower stress, etc. using the techniques of the system, and then after playing that way find that you are indeed getting those results, does that invalidate the system?

I don't necessarily believe that self-sabotage was my problem with the Silva method. I just think that I needed something that worked more powerfully for me then that particular system (which luckily I have found). But I do recognize that the Silva method is top notch and the philosophy of 'acting as if' is one that I certainly perscribe to.

Thanks for the input.

I'm curious - what did you find that worked more pwerfully for you?

quote:
Originally posted by weight39doug:
I don't necessarily believe that self-sabotage was my problem with the Silva method. I just think that I needed something that worked more powerfully for me then that particular system (which luckily I have found). But I do recognize that the Silva method is top notch and the philosophy of 'acting as if' is one that I certainly perscribe to.

Thanks for the input.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved