Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello All! Before I get to the meat of this, I want to say, I'll try to keep this as short as possible, but I tend to get long-winded sometimes - So I hope you will bear with me.

About a month ago, I heard about PhotoReading, and I've been intrigued, to say the least. Then, a week or so ago, I decided to research this (for $245, I'm not going to just leap without looking). In doing so, some questions have arised that I need some serious help with.

Here's my situation: I work in the Web Design industry on a full-time basis. My co-workers are, sorry to say, much more knowledgable than I in many aspects of web design. So, that would mean I should start picking up some books, and learning what they know, so that I'm on the same wavelength, right? Well, there's a catch... I also do free-lance web design. So, that pretty much eliminates about all of my free-time after work, less an hour to an hour and a half before I go to bed, to start my daily cycle all over the next day.

With that out of the way, here are my questions: First, if I PhotoRead a book on something I no immediate use for (for example, say I code mainly ASP pages, but XHTML is starting to become the big thing - But not in my office), how would my CONSCIOUS mind access (sorry for the computer-type terminology) the information I read? Would I pretty much just realize it if I sit down, and try to code something in XHTML? From what I understand from everything I've read, most people use PhotoReading to find the answer to a problem they are currently having. Would PhotoReading also benefit someone like me, who wouldn't mind knowing several other Web Design techniques, so that I could be more marketable? I guess I'm just missing how this all falls together, and how I could bring this information from my sub-conscious, to the fore-front of my mind, for easy accessibility.

Also, one last question - I'm someone who thirsts for knowledge (I just don't have time these days to increase my knowledge-base). Could I use PhotoReading to maybe, oh, I don't know, teach myself a second (and possibly third) language?

I'm sure many of you who use this technique might relate to my concerns, so I'm hoping that some of you can give me some useful information. If I am able to achieve some of the things that I would like to (given examples I stated above), then this would definitely be worth the $245 (or whatever it's price is - I haven't committed THAT to memory yet). I guess I just need to know if this would benefit someone like me.

Thank you for your time, and I do apologize for the long post here. I cut it short (although I have plenty more questions), due to the risk that several of you have probably just skipped past this post already. I hope someone can help...

Hulsmant,

Comprehension with PR comes in layers. There are several 'activation' techniques you will be taught to gain 'conscious awareness'.

There is also another technque that can be employed, called 'direct learning' ... to achieve the same goal of comprehension but using a different mean.

I'll be honest with you ... it will take work on your part. Just as one would have to work hard to become a 'great' programmer so it is true in becoming a proficient PReader. Secret is to believe and practice, practice, and practice! The end result is definately worth the effort!

Languages ... LS offers a language course from what I'm told is truly amazing!!! I mean that. Not all languages are offered but I believe French, German and Spanish are the ones they offer? PReading material in other languages would definately help, especailly dictionaries that offer translations from lets say French to English.

Is the PR course worth it? You bet ya! The technology is truly remarkable and worth 10 times what they are selling it for!

But then again who am I to judge ... with the risk free guarantee offered, you only have everything to gain!!! Just think of it ... knowledge and respect beyond your wildest dreams ... but you'll have to work for it!!!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Many programmers have used PhotoReading through the years. As a matter of fact, it was developed for the data processing unit at IDS/American Express.

Programmers have repeatedly said that PhotoReading various books as well as screens of code have made it easier for them to code.

Solutions come faster, I often hear.

If you PhotoRead something today, will you be able to recall it 12 months from now? I don't know--there are too many variables to say what will happen for you. I know for sure that if you do not PhotoRead it today, you will not recall it 12 months from now.

As far as languages, our book is out in about a dozen languages--we just received the new Polish edition last week. We hear many stories of how PhotoReading has helped people with language learning.

You see, PhotoReading is not just about reading--it is about learning. Learning with your whole mind--with all of your resources--in a brain-friendly and effective manner.

Many have said we should have called it PhotoLearning.

Pete,

Maybe you all should have called it PhotoLearning?

I wonder...

When PhotoReading was first named... did anyone imagine that Photoreading could be applied to so many things and help people accomplish tasks a lot quicker? Well I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. I'm practising using Photoreading so I guess I'll have to practise practise practise...

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

We started to realize the true power of PhotoReading within the first few months.

Paul and I were having incredible experiences which were followed by the experiences of our students.

We've had many conversations through the years about changing the name. It took so much time and work to get the name PhotoReading in front of the people that we did reach, that we didn't want to start over with a new name.

It would be different if we had a several hundred million dollar advertising budget that could be used to burn in a new name.

Heck, if we had that kind of advertising budget, we certainly wouldn't waste it on burning in a new name.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved