Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18294 10/08/00 01:01 AM
DCA Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for listening.
I have several questions if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
1. When using the tangerine method are you suppose to think about the tangerine the whole time you are reading?
2. Do you always have to wait overnight to get any results? It seems that if I want to read a 1,2,or 3 page article it would be quicker to read it the old way. But I don't want to. I want to photo read it now and not wait.
3. The first time I did the dictionary game, I was off a little, but I thought it might work. The next time I did it I seemed to get worse. What am I doing wrong?
4. I am only on tape 6, but I feel that doing the mind mapping is a lot of work and I feel that it is a slow process.
5. Should I be photo reading everything now or wait until I am through all the tapes.
I do have more questions, but I will ask in anther note.

Thanks for listening, I am really excited about making this work, but I feel kind of at a stand still.

Hi,

1. You should be able to place the tangerine and forget about it (although, I'll check it periodically).
2. I think Paul suggests you wait at least 20 minutes. However, letting it gestate longer is giving your inner mind more time to make valuable connections.
3. Maybe you're putting too much pressure on yourself.
4. Mind mapping can be as simple or complex as you make it. Maybe you're trying to put too much into the mindmaps. You should be putting the information that you've gathered through dipping. If you're mindmapping the entire book in a sitting, you're going beyond the PR process.
5. The more photoreading you do, the better your skills will get and the more confidence you'll develop with your skills.

I think mgrego2's suggestions are bang on. I would recommend that you go into this with the goal of making this work. Strive to succeed and expect to see some results.

Also recall what Paul says about the dictionary exercise. He makes you promise to make whatever results you get to be o.k. and to not let them shake your confidence. Practice the system and you will see results.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

All of the above comments are good. Here are my additional thoughts:

1) For more insight on the Tangerine Technique, use the above search function. There is good informaiton in other posts.

2) I always, always prefer to wait 24 hours, but some times it is not possible. Wait 20 minutes. But, sometimes that's not possible. Nonetheless, use the system on everything all of the time.

3) Don't worry about the dictionary game. You might want to search to see what others have said about it.

4) When you finish the tape program, review what Paul wrote about Mind Mapping in the book. You're probably going for too much detail.

5) PhotoRead everything--even if you will follow it by regular reading.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved