Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18415 10/26/00 12:33 PM
OP Offline

So far, I photoread books in quiet place, like at library or at home.

But if you want to go to bookshop and want to photoread books with so many people around there (lot of distracted & interruption there). I know some of you have do that. Have you stand up PR these books - did you come back for activation? Or forget it?

I like to know... anyone feedback on this one.

John.

There were past threads dicussing this issue.

Depending on how often you go to the bookstore you may wish to follow the 5 day plan ... it's short but sweet and effective.

I would modify the "Photoreading" step with a step as Pete mentioned is called "PhotoFlip". Photoflip is just that, flipping thru the book at a pace that is comfortable for you. Flip from front to back, back to front, turn book upside down, flip from front to back, back to front ... whatevev works. Do this several times, reason is to build other that conscious awareness of the material and this is achieved by several passes of the material.

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

I use direct learning most of the time which does not require activation.

If you go to one of those mega bookstores then they provide comfortable seating and tables so one could do some activation.

I could save mucho deneros by Photoreading in a bookstore. I could decide if a book was worth buying or just read everything there and not spend any money!! How do you guys stay in the accelerated learning state? I think that I would be too self-conscious to PR in public. When you do the photo-flip, you aren't doing anything to activate the material? What exactly is direct learning...I don't think it is in my edition of the photoreading book.

Thanks,
Jen

I found a description of direct learning in the PR book, never mind. Does the Natural Brilliance Course contain much more info on direct learning techniques?
thanks,
Jen

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

The Natural Brilliance course does not address Direct Learning or any of the other applications of Natural Brilliance.

You will find that additional information in the book.

What do folks think? Do you prefer the way it Direct Learning is presented in the PhotoReading book or the Natural Brilliance book?

(By the way, the Second Editon of the Natural Brilliance book goes to the printers on November 1. The changes are more cosmetic. Edits are for readability. Personally, in the grand scheme of things, there is no reason to get one edition over the other. In other words, don't order the second if you already have the first and don't wait for the second if you want to buy the book today. Sometime next year, we will be replacing Learning to Learn with Natural Brilliance in the PhotoReading home study course. We think it will enhance the experience for the PhotoReaders. This is said even though learning to learn is rich material that will absolutely help any PhotoReader--as a matter of fact, it is so good that its author is one of the six contributors to our new Euphoria course due out in November. It was a long thought out decision to make the switch.)

I prefer how Direct Learning is presented in the Natural Brilliance book. It goes into more detail plus it gives you a script to make your own Direct Learning Tape. I visualize my goals all the time with that tape.

Jennifer, as far as feeling self-conscious about photoreading in a bookstore that is an emotional issue. People may look at you and there are distractions but I don't care. If I am relaxed enough then none of that stuff bothers me. Sometimes I listen to a cd that puts me in an alpha brain wave state (specifically designed to put someone into the accelerated learning state).

Pete you guys should contact Centerpointe and start selling or produce one of your own accelerated learning state C.D.'s. I think they greatly facilitate photoreading.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Our first joint product with Centerpointe is Euphoria!, which comes out in a few weeks.

Who knows what will happen beyond that.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved