Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Ryan Offline OP
OP Offline

I found photoreading through Win Winger's The Einstein Factor. When I first read about photoreading I was fascinated and still am. I also was a little bit skeptical at first but I have gotten over that since then. How did everyone else find out about it?

I was getting NLP certification in 1987 or 1988. It was relatively new to the group that I was getting certified with but they were very excited about it. My sister-in-law was also getting certified and she took the PhotoReading course with other members of our class. I couldn't afford it, so I pretty much forgot about it until two years ago. I started checking around and realized there was a home study course. I was sold and ordered the set. I'm glad I did.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Great idea. I'd love to find out how everyone came to PhotoReading.

My story is on another post somewhere, but I still vividly remember that telephone call back in 1985 when Paul asked "what if you could go through books as fast as you could turn the pages."

I came across photoreading over the Internet. I was doing some searches on speed reading technieques on the Altavista search engine and then I saw the link that said about reading at 25,000+ wpm!

I had been trying to learn German. I must have been on a mailing list b/c i received an advertisement from LS.

I called & spoke to Dana Hanson. Just speaking to him sold me. He was relaxed, knew the product well & was very clear that i could return the tapes if i was not satisfied. I loved the German tapes. I'm still listening to them when i drive to work.

Then i received an advertisement for PhRing. Because of my success w/ the German tapes & the paraliminal Personal Genius that came w/ the tapes, i quickly made the decision to give PhRing a try. W-O-W!

Then i received an advertisement for Natural Brilliance...........& now i'm totally hooked. I recall reading a quote in one of Pete's promotional letters from some gentleman: "I can't wait to see what LS will come out w/ next." I remember reading that thinking the guy was a learning junkie! I really wonder if my other than conscious mind chose to focus on that man's statement b/c it already knew i would be saying the same thing a few yrs. later. His is the only quote i remembered.

Everything i purchase from LS seems to improve my self confidence & quality of life. I don't know how they do this so successfully over & over again, but i'm glad they do

I came across it over a television infomercial. I saw you there pete. I can not believe how fast you read off the laptop. I have not ordered the program yet. I still cant believe it...

After having successfully tried Feldenkrais and MindMapping, I was searching for some other books about learning and just got caught by the german edition of the PR book. After reading it, I was on fire with possibilities and decided to take the PR course at Sinonia, the german partner of LSC.
As I said somewhere else, I'm no regular practioner but have my successes - *especially* in "hopeless situations" (for example, having to learn three semesters worth of programming and software engineering in just four days - without having attended the classes). This "hopeless situations" provide the essential PR-ingredients for me: I have a clear goal, am motivated and really get into acitivating - the step that normally gives me the most difficulties.

Well, I got a bit off topic, but it's just great to be able to share the experiences!

Keep on keeping on,

Jens

I happen to pass by this shop that loans & sells all sorts of tapes programs. One of them I saw happened to be Photoreading by Learning Strategies.

Still trying to figure my way around this wonderful skill though. Maybe I need to attend a class?

A friend convinced me to get the PhotoReading Personal Learning Course earier this year. I am *very* happy he did. This is a *great* program.

Lomas

(PS: I am almost 17)

Im what you might call a little scientist. I'm into chemistry, biology, ecology, minearology, you name it.
I'm just saying that cos I found out about all this fantastic PR stuff reading the words in a New Scientist magazine at the dentist!
"I got 95% in my psychology exam"
I was hooked when i saw that. because I never seem to have time for all the things I wanted to learn about. (got a lot of looking after to do - plants, animals and my own temper)
so I asked for a pen and wrote the address down and I emailed my order. I was so excited that I demanded in the following week where my order was and the guy the other end said that they'd only just processed and that I would get it in a few days. OH those were agonising days!
Anyway that was last year
I tried it for a month and it didn't work so i left it till september when i emailed the guy again and he mentioned this site, i think the guy was pete m. but i'm not so sure. my feeling is that it is. anyway so since september i PRed one book a day, stopped in november in the middle of xmas prep and then started up again b4 new years. the other day was the first time I ever recalled anything that I didn't consciously learn. I was talking to mum about this particular subject and in the middle of it suddenly got this fantastic idea and then a title came to mind and then the information just flowed and flowed. But on that same day, i had recieved the little calm machine and a few hours b4 i had that conversation I used it. so i think everyone should have something to support their PR system. somehow the idea or excitement to be able to PR stops it from coming out as effectively as you would have hoped for. it's all there, just the feeling part is stopping it. It's just a point my mum made. and i think that's pretty important considering what many of you are attacking this system for, effectiveness of knowledge in the shortest time possible.. wooohoooooo way to go Paul Scheele!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved