Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#19188 01/04/01 10:04 PM
OP Offline

Of the many people that seem to frequent this forum, few appear to have mastered the system. Photoreading has been around for over 15 years, and there are reportedly thousands of satified customers, some of whom are talked about in the book and on this web page, so why are there not more than a handful of people who tell of using photoreading for everything they go through, and have complete confidence that it is effective? I know that this is terrribly critical, but it is an observation that has been on the back of my mind for awhile. Pete, can you, or anyone else for that matter, clear this up for me? I'd appreciate it.

#19189 01/04/01 10:51 PM

Tim,

It's interesting how relative it all is. I thought the book was filled w/ success stories. Then when i checked out this DF, i was amazed at how many people commented on PhRing.

Cutting edge stuff takes approximately 20 years to make it to the general public. This means that PhRing has another 5 yrs. to go. I was really surprised to see how many more copies of the book are now in print. Really, it's a huge success by any standard.

This past weekend, i showed a 10 year old child w/ very low self esteem, who really can't read at near grade level AND who goes to a $14,000 yr. private school....how to mind map. It was wonderful & heartening to see a flicker of life come into those beautiful eyes. She said: Gee, i never knew there was so much to me!

I also showed her how i PhR. I explained to her that just b/c she can't read the way the school expects, does NOT mean she's not intelligent. So, Tim, just think about schools, private schools, who charge $14,000 a yr. for elementary school children that are totally unaware of accelerated learning techniques. If even private schools are not using accelerated learning techniques, how can we expect public schools to do so?

All i know is that i am spreading the word & so are others. I hope to start teaching accelerated learning workshops to elementary teachers soon.

Check out the progress of PhRing in another 5 yrs. & you'll be amazed. But, remember it's 20 yrs. for cutting edge stuff.

#19190 01/04/01 11:23 PM

I forgot:

I certainly will not be attempting to teach PhRing. But, you can be sure, i will encourage teachers to learn PhRing for themselves. I will have my home study course out on a table for them to see: 1) How professional it is put together; & 2) How some of the techniques are easily teachable to their students.

Just taking the home study course for teachers is an eye-opener & very stimulating. I know i was very stimulated & i'm sure i'm just a normal teacher who knows an excellent educational tool when they see one.

#19191 01/05/01 12:19 AM

How many of the people who have taken the course actually take the time to check the Learning Strategies website and find the Discussion Forum? Of those, how many actually decide to participate rather than just lurk? I bet there are a lot more people out there who feel comfortable calling or writing LS than those comfortable surfing the net.

#19192 01/05/01 01:00 AM
OP Offline

Margret, besides a sum of 3 years spread throughout my formative years, I was taught in private international schools from Hong Kong, to Japan, to only recently, Brazil. They were(are) all top-notch school, some more than $14k, but you are right, never was I taught in any intellegent manner the processes of accelerative learning. Some teachers made attempts, but either did not have the confidence themselves, or did not think we(or the administration) could handle what they had to offer.

But I was taught the ability to find my own answers, and that is how I came upon the magic of accelerative learning. Like so much of the knowledge I have gathered over the past few years, I still have yet to apply all of the techniques that I know would make school, and life a whole lot easier.

mgrego, good point. So many people are either computer-illiterate or afraid to post on this forum. I'm sure that for every person that posts here, there are half a dozen that read but do not respond.

Enjoy all.

#19193 01/05/01 01:11 AM

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT IS CORRECT?!

WHY WOULD ANYONE BE *AFRAID* TO POST?

quote:
Originally posted by Tim_with_a_T:
[mgrego, good point. So many people are either computer-illiterate or afraid to post on this forum. I'm sure that for every person that posts here, there are half a dozen that read but do not respond.

Enjoy all.[/B]

#19194 01/05/01 01:22 AM

Tim_with_a_T,

Thanks for bringing this up. I had been thinking the same. Couldn't it just be that those who truly master PR simply don't care to see this DF to share their experience? Would you go to a DF where toddlers discuss how to learn to walk or jump on one leg and tell them how you do it?

Having said that I do share your doubts. For one thing PRing is marketed so that expectations are high. And I bet most of us thought we would buy the book and bingo. And it doesn't happen, the jackpot wasn't ours after putting the PR book under our pillow for one night. What a surprise!

I guess your question on how many satisfied customers there are can't be answered. There is no definition for a satisfied customer. I haven't mastered PR yet like Pete. Yet starting PR has helped me going through books faster and it opened a whole new world what with all the connections to NLP, self-mastery, meditation...So, I consider myself a satisfied customer.

"so why are there not more than a handful of people who tell of using photoreading for everything they go through, and have complete confidence that it is effective?" - because some give up, some don't care to tell, some don't care to change themselves enough to bring their PR to mastery.

I don't quite agree that the number of books sold simply indicates the success of the contents of the book. I imagine many buy the book because the claims evoke expectations of a speedy success with PR (I did), when it doesn't happen the book is discarded. But it's sold anyway.

#19195 01/05/01 03:18 AM

I currently teach at a private technical college and got interested in photoreading after hearing success stories at our school.

One instructor improved his computer networking knowledge through photoreading and another person's daughter with vision problems has increased her reading to grade level. In another case, a student who practices photoreading and meditation improved from being an average student to being a very good one and even got a better grade on a standardized exam than the instuctor he studied with.

There are success stories out there. Ever week we have meetings at our college to share photoreading techniques. It really helps to hear ideas from other people.

#19196 01/05/01 03:26 AM
OP Offline

margaret, yes, I do believe people are "afraid" to post. I find it very pausible that someone would read through a few of these discussions, see a lot of jargon and ideas that they do not understand, and very literally be afraid to share their ideas for fear they will look dumb. Obviously, we know they would not look "dumb," but people have social phobias that boarder on the insane, myself among them.

Happyday, I agree with you perfectly. The novel, "Flowers for Algernon" comes to mind.

When one moves on to a higher plane, others are often left to find the way themselves. Luckily for us, we have giving individuals like Pete to help guide us along our path.

#19197 01/05/01 04:04 AM

Here is a thought, wont the people who have a problem posting, photoread a couple of books on self confidence then see what happens.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved