Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Administrator
Administrator

Either way is fine. Since all the information goes into the inner mind for processing anyway. Flip the pages in the way that is comfortable and allows you to maintain the steady pace and chant while photoreading. The inner mind recognises the page numbers just as well either direction.

Alex

Okay, this really intrigues me. I'm interested in PRing about 10 books per day. But, I don't really want to worry about manual activation.

The suggestion of the journal is a good one since I do journaling every morning anyway.

But, I'm also a writer and I'm interested primarily in using this process for research. But, something in me feels the need to read at least one book using traditional methods. Could PRing 10 books repeatedly on one subject, then reading one of the books, serve as another means of activation?

Another question about activation.

Since a lot of non-fiction books come on tape or cd as well. Can photoreading the book, then using the tape or cd be your activation method?

Regarding the books on CD/tape, I think that would be neat because it would be like 100% deja vu.

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
But, something in me feels the need to read at least one book using traditional methods.

You can always rapid read a book that you've photoread for the enjoyment of it.

A bit of direct learning might result but spontaneous activation is much more interesing/noticable. If you mix subject it becomes a bit more difficult to apply or notice that spontaneous activation may have taken place. With practice of manual activation you'll find that you might prefer to do that rather than spending all that time regular reading. By photoreading 10 books repeatedly you might find the topic too familiar and perhaps boring to regular read. Therefore you might only want to spend an hour or so activating one book per week rather than 4+ hours 'reading' it.

Alex

Thanks. You are all very very helpful.

I'm going to the library. I'm going to pull some books out of my own 2000+ book library (yes, I'm a true information fiend). And, I'm going to practice PRing.

Interesting thread...

Last night after reading this I PRed 17 books without activating and minimal previewing. Just a brief preview, into State, affirming purpose and skill, then into it.

I've decided to set my purpose for triggering more spontaneous activations (as well as my other reading purposes), and set my sights on PRing ten books a day.

Is this spontaneous activation thing at all magical or sudden? For me it is just a sense that stuff fits in to my established understandings, a sortof loose slotting-in of data into place. To be honest I'm not sure if I'm getting ANYTHING. Tell me if I'm doing it right, anybody?

Pveitch

quote:
Originally posted by Gozel:
Thanks. You are all very very helpful.

I'm going to the library. I'm going to pull some books out of my own 2000+ book library (yes, I'm a true information fiend). And, I'm going to practice PRing.

Good on you Gozel. Please keep us posted on how it goes, what you experience, you advice and learnings etc.

Administrator
Administrator

Spontaneous activation on more than one book of the same general subject causes more of a direct learning type of effect. You'll need to give it a couple of weeks to realise (or maybe even a friend notices first) that you have acquired a new skill of knowledge about the subject.

If you want to experience spontaneous activation. Photoread a book that someone else has read and knows fairly well. Give yourself time to let the inner mind process it and then let them ask you questions about the book. Get them to start out with true or false questions and then see what else you can answer about the book when they ask. You'll find the book activating this way.

There is another post that discussed this in a bit more detail. When I first saw it I thought it would be interesting to try though I didn't know who to try it with since both of my brothers are dyslexic they avoid books. I wound up doing it accidently though an msm chat. I photoread a business planning book to help someone with their school assignment. When he first asked me to help him I had no idea where to start. I found a business planning book photoread it with the intent of manually activating it while at the computer helping this student with the assignment.

When he started quizzing me. Step one ... what next, what else, I found the answers coming up without opening the book. I never even opened the book again even though I had it beside me. I was personally surprised how important I considered looking into insurance as a factor for starting a business in Australia. The following morning I wondered where the information came from. I opened the book to a section within a chapter talking in detail about insurance.

It wasn't until the following morning that I realised that I had spontaneously activated the book. When he first asked me where to start my mind went Oh No... couldn't he have an easier assignment? Where the heck do you start when you plan a business. Lucky for me I had been invited out for dinner. When I came back at 8:30 I PRed the business planning book. Because of other assignment he said he was shelving the business planning one. 11pm the conversation came back to the assignemnt. in the next 45 minutes from the information I gave him he wrote an essay that scored 70% losing marks for wrong layout. When he first present me with the assignment neither he or I knew where to start. It was an interesting way to experience spontaneous activation.

Alex

a question about spontaneous activation... do you state the intention of spontaneous activation before you actually photoread? I'm wondering if it is better that way.

another thing has been lingering in my mind is that who has photoread the most number of books so far? does anyone keep a record?

Thanks for breathing life back into this thread. I read it before, and had gotten it muddle with the 5 day plan.

Changing my strategy. Since to me spontaneous activation, in fact, real time spontaneous activation is the desired goal. One which I believe is possible.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved