Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
AlexK Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Stanfort University programmed a computer to work out the explosion of technological development and scientific knowledge coming into the world today.

They got the computer to plot the great discoveries of the world from the wheel, printing press, steam engine, splitting of the atom to computers itself. Then they got the computer to project into the future and predict upcoming discoveries.

In the last minutes of the year 2010 the computer predicted 18 discoveries equal to the splitting of the atom. For the year 2011 it went of the graph.

For that to happen, somewhere along the line we are going to have one heck of a big breakthrough in our thinking don't you think?

That'll probably leave todays accelerated learning techniqes in the dust pretty soon if the computer was half accurate in its predictions.

Alex

I think that the human race is about to enter a time of enlightenment. I dont just say that because of the computer projection. I thought this before I read your comments. The human race is on the verge, (IMHO) of discovering how to utalize the mind to a greater extent.
I immagian that in the future little childeren will be taught how to imagestream, and how to PR, and those skills will be just a scratch in the other things which they will learn to do with their minds. These children will be considered geniuses by our standards, but will be only average in their time. I say this because I fell that everyone has the ablilty to become a genius, but just does not know how to unlock their abilities.

I doubt that more people will be image streaming and PR'ing in the future because information is being taylored to increasingly shorter attention spans. I believe that people's attention spans will continue to decrease due to 3.5 minute pop songs and 90 second news clips. I don't watch as much television as a lot of people, but I have a hard time focusing on my image streaming and PR'ing as it is. Back in the old days people had less stuff to do when they got inside from the farm or whatever, and they were forced to keep themselves occupied for hours. We'll never have that way of life again.

astrowill - I agree. I think things are only going to get worse. The average American is stupider than you'd like to think is possible.

"The 100% American is 99% idiot." - George Bernard Shaw

(I hope I got that quote right.)

AlexK Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

I find it hard to prove that people are thinking less creatively... looking less for solutions to problems than we have ever done any time in the past. We all create challenges for ourselves.

I think what we focus on individually is very important in our own personal lives. It seems to me it also has a great impact on the lives of those around me. So I'd rather be focusing on the good that society is producing and being a part of leaving a better world.

Alex

Kat Offline

I don't think it's an en masse scenario. It appears that there's a widening chasm between the intellectually/spiritually enlightened haves and have nots. As the scripture says (paraphrased) in the parable of the talents:

"Those who have will receive more and those who have not - even what he has will be taken from him. "

This same scripture separates the population into three groups; the desparately poor and destitute who didn't bother to invest, those who have invested a little so receive according to what they've invested and those who have invested a lot and have reaped fabulous wealth.

The principle, in my opinion applies to all kinds of wealth - money, wisdom, spiritual enlightenment.

[This message has been edited by Kat (edited July 09, 2002).]

We can use the genius code itself to get more on quesions like this; my own initial forays using High Think Tank are not encouraging; but who knows, I'm only a beginner.

AlexK Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

I found the first 2 weeks of the HTT challenge the most challenging. I wasn't sure about the answers I was getting or my interpretation of them. However after the 14th day I seemed to have made some major breakthrough and the answers were answers before looking at the question. I understood the message from the HTT session. So far from HTT I've developed a method that I find faster than image streaming for answering questions. I've made a couple of accurate predicitions. (HTT session pointed out the day that the HTT experience will bring me a major breakthough).

Other aspects of the Genius Code course has created some interesting benefits in my life. Now if only can borrow the genius of a starfish?

Alex

Um, you had me up until the starfish...

[This message has been edited by astrowill (edited September 17, 2002).]

AlexK Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Well there is an explaination for the Starfish.

A starfish can regrow a whole starfish from a severed limb as well as replacing its servered limb. It is fascinating that animal life is able to do that and yet doctors say conclusively that nerve damage cannot be repaired. Yet there are some instances where people have experienced repair of damaged nerves or limbs (thought to be damaged beyond repair).

If you could use borrowed genius to understand how its done then logically your body once it gains the understanding should be able to repair itself.

Honestly I haven't tried to borrow the genius of a starfish . Not all the ideas that come up are usuable.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved