Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

I have read that sexual energy is the strongest energy held within our body, is this true?
Would releasing this energy too often and too soon have a "weakening" effect on our intellectual life and or learning process?

Would it just be best to let it build up, without releasing it? does it have any impact emotionally?

Sex indeed improves the image streaming experience, yet the energy behind this process could be channelled for a better learning process couldn´t it?

According to the Einstein Factor, geniuses have strong desire for sex, Is this due to a gradual "buildup" done by them on purpose? Do geniuses release this sexual energy in the "traditional way"? or by channeling it? How would this be done?

Thx

I remember on Sienfeld that George put those kind of thoughts to the side and was much more intellectual than usual.

There must be a reason why Priests are required to be celibate.

Chinese teaching tell us that Sexual energy converts to Shen (The human spiritual energy)in the natural process of higher evolution.

Sexual energy creates physical bodies.
When raised to a higher vibration as Shen it creates a spiritual one.

We are also told that an orgasm for a male is a major loss of Qi energy.
Whereas for a women it is not. Her major Qi loss is having an abortion or miscarriage.
And we all know Qi equals physical energy and stamina.

[This message has been edited by peajie (edited November 25, 2005).]

Hi All:

At the risk of sounding rather "un-prudish" (as it appears everyone has the mistaken notion that if you're going to develop spiritually, you need to forsake the "earthly" pleasures), I'd like to say that the notions you're having that sexual energy can be "wasted" are all a bunch of bunk.

You cannot "waste" that which is eternal and permeates everything everywhere.

Priests (at least in the Roman Catholic church) are required to remain celebate, NOT for spiritual purposes, but because in the early church the MARRIED priests were passing on their holdings to their offspring, and the Church was losing too much property.

Priests in the Eastern religions refrain from sex, not because it "wastes" sexual energy, but because sex is seen as a deterrant to keeping the focus on purely spiritual development. It has nothing at all to do with the energy being lost if one engages in the sexual act.

It is also quite possible that there is a gradual disinterest built up in having regular, normal sex as one progresses in spiritual development, because the fulfillment we normally experience from having good sex is also fulfilled, and sometimes in an even greater sense, as one's meditation deepens (it's called "estatic trance"). It can also have the effect that one actually appreciates more the sexual experience, as ones spiritual nature develops.

We are not separate from our spiritual nature - at times it is more sublimated and not recognized - but it is ALWAYS there. It's learning how to recognize it in ALL of its functions and facets that brings us to enlightenment.

Cheers!
Unis

Unis is on to it...

There are lots of people who are highly inteligent, who have active sex lives. Actualy, intligence is a turn on, for me...

Also, the sex drive, being one of the most basic and most powerful drives, is directly linked to learning states! The drive to procreate, the need to relate, the desire for pleasure, are all highly motivating. I bet you know lots of people who have embarked on learning a language, or other learning because they were hot for someone!

I am not claiming to be a genius, but I am highly libidinous, and I am not lacking brains or energy.

What you might be thinking of, is focussed energy. If a person is obsessed with something, like sex, like an addict, then inteligence, energy and activity is used for only that, and other things do not develop in balance.

Of course, if an obsessed person "spills his seed" multiple times in a day, it would consume alot of energy...

vitaman

This discussion reminds me of a story about an eastern monastery that was visited by a beautiful woman from the west.

Women were not allowed, typically, in the monastery, but for some reason she was let in. I don't know if it was for a documentary or what.

Anyway, she was sitting beside a monk, talking to him, and he was obviously in great distress by being so near a woman. During her conversation, she laid her hand on top of his in a gesture of good will, and this simple act brought the monk to orgasm.

I can imagine how celebacy must twist up and create compulsions in perfectly normal people. Don't think of blue, right?

The thing is, talking about energy just might be a way of speaking about things. Sexual energy can turn on a person but not a light bulb, right? It can't literally power a city, but it certainly can metaphorically.

There have been many avidly lustful and lecherous geniuses. Many of the most intelligent people I know are also sexual.

I see it more in terms of desire and satisfaction than energy. We all want to feel good, and we all have our own little addictions, our own little ways of fulfilling our need for pleasure. If you have access to as many different sexual partners as you'd like, and have unlimited opportunities for sex with them, you may prefer spending your time doing that than pursuing more intellectual pursuits ... unless you marry the two, which can make for great sex as well as great intellectual advancement.

Babayada- you made me think of Wolgang Amadeus Mozart...such a genius, that even ordinary people can increase their inteligence just by listening! (wish it would improve my sloppy typing!)
Anyway, his lechery was infamous!

Marry the two- I love the pun!!!

vitaman.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Here's some research on the subject.
http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s1519901.htm

Alex

I searched the forums for the word "monastery" and was pleasantly surprised to find out that people are having this discussion. This was the only thread that came up.

I’m planning on living in a Zen Buddhist Monastery for 30 days from Jan 21 to Feb 20. The “no sex” rule won’t be a big sacrifice for me, since I haven’t been having sex anyway. I’ll keep everyone here posted on how the Monastic living goes!

Jeff
Is the monastary in Japan, or US? Just wondering...Zen is cool, especialy the Koans.

A few months ago I found something by an Americam chozen named Genpo Roshi ...it is alot like Gestalt, actualy, I think it IS gestalt.

It is a nice piece of work called BIG MIND.
In about 30 minutes, he leads people to satori-and egoless state that takes many a lifetime to attain. You can download the MP3s dor free at his site... http://www.bigmind.org/

if anyone would like to discuss this, I am open to it!

vitaman

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved