Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Something just hit me last night!

During the course, Paul states that in time you'll be able to enter state with just one breath. How?

I've experimented with this statment by taking a breath in for a four count ... citing my body to relax, as I slowly exhale to a four count, I cite I have a direct eye/mind connection and that my field of vision is opening and as I near the end of the four count I envision my anchor of a beautiful flower. I continue to breath slowly reciting my affirations ... I then go on to PR ...

Michael Saikali

I think that what Mr. Scheele is refering to is getting into the alpha state with a single breath. This is easily possible once you learn how to coordinate relaxation of the mind and body. If you know how to anchor the sensation of state, you can then trigger it anytime that you need to. The Silva Method uses the "three finger technique" to achieve this by entering a deep alpha state and then telling themselves "whenenver I touch the tips of my thumb and first two fingers together like this I am in alpha". After a few times doing this, the action becomes linked with the desired state and Presto! You're there! Many also trigger the state just by recreating the sensations that they associate with alpha.

OP Offline

Ckerins,

So as I take a deep breath, do I try to 'recreate' the feeling of deep relaxation and anchor it using the breath.

I'm not too familiar with the Silva method and only know that NLP uses a technique they call 'anchoring'

Does anchoring involve using a physical method (such as the touching of your thumb and finger) and affirming this to your mental state of complete relaxation?

Can anyone shed additional specifics on the 'how to' on these techniques.

Ckerins ... thanks for getting the ball rolling, I now have a much better understanding, not complete but better.

Michael Saikali

I would like more information on this topic as well. I have been taking at least 20 minutes to get into the alpha state with the 3-2-1 method every time I PR. I am going to school, raising a family, and working. It would help if I could spend less time preparing to PR. I'm not complaining, I am just looking for a faster way to master my class material.

Thanks,
Jen

Anchoring can be a physical action, an image, a sound (word), or whatever else works for you. The key is to reinforce the anchor a number of times when you know you're in the desired state. Make sure that whatever you use as an anchor is a unique action, sound... that you can easily replicate. It's common to make it a discrete event so that you can do it in public if you need to. You can also combine anchors (e.g., a word plus a physical action). Does this help?

You might be focusing too much on trying to get to the desired state and interferring with your ability to relax enough to get there. After you've been in state a few times, you should be familiar with the physical and mental feelings associated with it. Try to close your eyes, relax, and as you breath out imagine those feelings. Don't try to force the sensations - rather, let them flow over you. Play around with getting into state a few times this way and see how your PhotoReading goes.

The very deep states, associated with very low alpha and mid-high theta, you probably won't maintain too well while PhotoReading anyways - the chanting and page turning will help you stay in mid-range alpha, but the eyes open theta state is probably not happening. The idea is not to become catatonic while PhotoReading, but to quiet the conscious mind enough to allow the preconscious processor to work at maximum efficiency. Remember - relax and play with the system. If something seems to work, do more of it. If it doesn't, do less. What gets me into state won't necessarily be the same thing that gets you into state.

anchoring is when you link a mental or emotional state with a physical 'pointer' such as a sound, or a physical touch.

the way to get this anchoring is to first get into the desired state, no matter how long it may take you right now.

so taking the relaxation as our example,
you first get into the relaxed state, then you may choose to repeat to yourself the words 'i am completely relaxed' and move your body in a certain way or touch your fingers together in a certain way.

the cues or 'pointers' can be anything as long as it isn't something you do everyday, like shaking hand with someone.

the most important thing is to get the really desired state when you anchor it.
you must experience it before you can anchor it.

for example, if you are trying to anchor relaxation, you must feel very relaxed before you can anchor it, you cannot simply think you are relaxed.
it won't work.

we have many of these, though you may not be aware of them.
when you see the faces of the children in the developing countries on tv, the feeling that you get before you even hear the words are anchored into your mind.
the same thing with songs.

when you are driving and you hear a particular song, it might make you happy or sad, etc...
this is anchoring at its best.

hope this helps somewhat.

quote:
I have been taking at least 20 minutes to get into the alpha state...

Try using BrainWave Generator www.bwgen.com (free program) to get into the relaxed state. You can then use whatever method to establish an anchor.

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Saikali:
Ckerins,

So as I take a deep breath, do I try to 'recreate' the feeling of deep relaxation and anchor it using the breath.

I'm not too familiar with the Silva method and only know that NLP uses a technique they call 'anchoring'

Does anchoring involve using a physical method (such as the touching of your thumb and finger) and affirming this to your mental state of complete relaxation?

Can anyone shed additional specifics on the 'how to' on these techniques.

Ckerins ... thanks for getting the ball rolling, I now have a much better understanding, not complete but better.

Michael Saikali

Mike: Order the book "Silva Mind Control Method" By Jose Silva. All that you seek is clarified and explain in detail there. You can order it from Amazon.com. Oh!!! by the way, nice talkin with u again.

Myk H. Allen

It doesn't have to be complicated.

The steps you go through initially don't have to be taken every time. At first they are there just to walk you through, so you know what it feels like. Your body/mind will learn how to do an action more efficiently every time you perform it. After a while it becomes natural.

When I'm about to enter state, I just just inhale as I state my purpose, then relax as I open my eyes. I'm good to go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved