Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Jovo Offline OP
OP Offline

As the subject says I am wondering if I can use BrainWave Generator to get into state and maintain it while photoreading.

Have any of you tried it? What do you think? Which preset works the best for this purpose?

The brainwave generator is fun, and works. But I myself am not too happy with it. It's better to learn how to get into alpha state yourself. That way, you won't need a walkman, tape and batteries all the time Harder to master, but more pure. I have meditated for years, but the result I get with the program is less exciting to say the least.

You probably know that buddhist monks use the opposite of a brainwave generator: silence.

It's better to learn how to get into alpha state yourself. That way, you won't need a walkman, tape and batteries all the time

Absolutely. The technology is known as "Entrainment", meaning that if you listen to a 10hz over a period of time, your mind will become accostumed to that frequency, and accessing or even living in that state of mind will turn into an unconcious habit.

You probably know that buddhist monks use the opposite of a brainwave generator: silence.

You mean Zen monks--it also takes them 20 years or more to reach a state we can reach in 20 minutes with proper use of brainwave entrainment. Actually, Buddhist monks use all sorts of sounds to entrain their minds, such as very low, frog-like, repititious chanting, tingly chimes, resonating singing bowls, etc... some pretty psyechedlic stuff--they put out some great CDs.

Don't forget that buddhist monks have nothing to do with their lives other than cultivate themselves--our culture demands action. (btw, beats have been used to induce trance throughout history and through they myriad cultures--a binaural beat is a beat inside your head, instead of a drum) Recently, I've been stepping up my ambitions and activity. I've been getting impatient with Tai Chi. My teacher tells me that it takes upwards of 40 years to master the art... you know.... There are newer and better technologies out there that were not available to the original consciousness pioneers. We should take advantage of them, in my opinion.

The results I've experienced with binaural beats, not necesarily the bwgen (those built-in presets are admittedly flimsy), but the mixes I have made myself on Cool Edit have accelerated my spiritual path by at least a couple decades--not to mention my photoreading ability.

If volume disturbs you, that is entirely understandable. Try lowering the sound of the tones to 1%. You won't be able to conciously hear it, yet it will have the same effect. Masking the tones with pink noise at 20% volume increases the effect by around 30%.

The visual entrainment of mind-machine goggles also compounds the effects by several orders of magnitude. They make all the difference in the world.

peace

Absolutely. The technology is known as "Entrainment", meaning that if you listen to a 10hz over a period of time, your mind will become accostumed to that frequency, and accessing or even living in that state of mind will turn into an unconcious habit.

Exremely cool if I understand what you're telling: meditation while not meditating. Constantly in flow. Having conversations with "god" 24 hours a day...

You mean Zen monks--it also takes them 20 years or more to reach a state we can reach in 20 minu................Quoting all the way.............onsciousness pioneers. We should take advantage of them, in my opinion.

Thanks for correcting me. That is so true.

The results I've experienced with binaural beats, not necesarily the bwgen (those built-in presets are admittedly flimsy), but the mixes I have made myself on Cool Edit have accelerated my spiritual path by at least a couple decades--not to mention my photoreading ability.

Are those Cool-Edit mixes something you would like to share with the community? I'm curious about the results.

If volume disturbs you, that is entirely understandable.

Disturbing, not really. In the past I've slept on top of a washing machine a couple of times, and even used vacuuum cleaners for creating that very special drowsiness. I always get tired of noise. For me, it's a real good way for falling asleep. But for meditation I usually used silence.

galactic peace ( )

meditation while not meditating. Constantly in flow.

That's right. Flow 24/7 as I call it.

Are those Cool-Edit mixes something you would like to share with the community? I'm curious about the results.

Certainly. It's in your mail. But I must warn you, these are INTENSE. They play havoc with your electical system and may cause your hair to fall out and you digestive system to reverse. Use it at your own risk. What is it? 200 or so simultaneous binaural beats all at incredibly low frequencies. It should induce a state of complete cellular regeneration and virtual death. You'll notice that your 'brain chi' will start activating. You'll be able to tell which portion of your brain you're thinking with at any given moment, because you'll feel the electrical stimulation on your scalp.

THIS IS INTENSITY. and it is dangerous.

hey brian, can you email me your homemade patterns for cooleditor?

Flex, how do you suggest one would train to reach alpha state on their own?

hey brian, i would like a shot at those patterens too. can i get a email?

Me too, please Brian.

Brian,

Just got Cool Edit 2000. Do you think you could sent me your presets that you have so far. Thanks.

JR

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved