Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi there

I've read about one phantomreader (in Scheele's phantomreading book) who phantomread a US Patent Law Slide show at a rate of 690,000 words per minute! The challenge here is to phantomread all the web (if you don't know the answer to this question) until you find for me the person who did it, date, time, place of this aweinspiring event, and independent witnesses plus where it is recorded (in which scientific journals, newspapers - which record the actual event). Shouldn't be hard as this great event should rank high in the history books. Since unverfied testimonials are the bread and butter only to snakeoil salesmen, I expect an answer soon.

Rolf

For those who are seriously offended by my bad vibes, count down from 10 and reaffirm yourself

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I am the 690,000-wpm-PhotoReading "colleague Paul wrote about. Unfortunately it was not recorded. We had never done anything at those speeds before.

The documentary that aired on The Learning Channel here in the States a few years back showed several people PhotoReading at high speeds off computer screens. It was filmed out at Cray Research, the folks who invented the super computer.

I was not at Cray Research for the filming. We had a half dozen other PhotoReaders. The fastest speed they attained was close to a million words a minute, but I think the fastest that made it on the air was 800,000 wpm.

The tests were standard T/F, multiple choice type tests.

The documentary was part of the Science Frontiers series. It featured different stories on the human, including PhotoReading.

The PhotoReading section is six-minutes long. If we can get the rights to it, we'll have it available for viewing on the website.

===

Phantomreading? Probably so for people without the guts to learn it.

HE HE HE He phantomreading now theres a name that would spark some excitement

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved