Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20309 03/20/01 08:48 AM
OP Offline

I've been considering how to create a synergistic combination of essential accelerated learning techniques. I firmly believe that our minds are capable of everything that the great geniuses throughout history could do and more. This belief has evolved into a desire and a demand that I awaken such potential within myself. Some of the core techniques I am investigating are image Streaming, photoreading, Suggestopedia for memory, witness meditation, lucid dreaming, and empowered meditations similar to the artifical reincarnation of Raikov.

This is still conditioned learning and I recognize a possibility of trancendence into higher dimensional knowledge and unconditioned, universal consciousness. But in my opinion its better to master this state than attempt to escape it. Is there anyone else familiar with some of these techniques and ideas who is trying something similar? Please share any ideas or experiences.

#20310 03/21/01 07:30 AM
OP Offline

#20311 03/21/01 09:54 PM

do a search on some of them; there's considerable info on image streaming & lucid dreaming

imho: jose silva had it all

#20312 03/22/01 06:28 AM
OP Offline

Jose Silva eh? In what way do you think he "had it all". I've read some of his books and am sincerely interested.

#20313 03/23/01 01:10 AM

Well, i started w/ Paramahansa Yogananda in 1968. He really enlightened many of us in the US. Silva started in 1944. He copywrited his stuff in 1966. He trained people like Dyer, Gawain & probably everyone in the accelerated learning field. I guess i just missed him b/c i was in college in 1966. But, look at the people in their 40's. They came along just when Silva was getting national attention.

I personally now believe that everyone has either taken his BLS or home study course & then used it for their own goals. I look at LS stuff & when i studied the tapes for Silva, i was amazed at the similarity; and Paul is in his 40's. No mystery about that. LS does a fantastic job of presenting their material, but i see roots in Silva.

Thing is this: Silva was into spiritual stuff; he was a serious Catholic; he presents his stuff w/ the understanding that it's for healing in order to make this world a better place. So, you can see how this would detract from mass-meida stuff. Heck, he never moved from Laredo, TX. Believe me, Laredo isn't much of a place!!

Also, Silva did not mind too much that people copied his stuff. As long as it was for a good purpose, he just let it go.

I'm reading his Autobiography & he was pretty upset w/ Stern's The Power of Alpha Thinking b/c that guy got all his stuff from Silva. Even had lunch w/ him & then only mentioned Silva once in the book.

After reading all the books & doing the home study course.........i am so impressed. I admit up-front, i like the spiritual aspect, always have. So, now i'm going to take a BLS course this weekend. NOW get this: I pay the $$$ for this workshop. And....i can attend any BLS workshop over and over again w/o paying a dime. They encourage you to attend more than once to get a handle on all the stuff. So that says he wants us to LEARN it more than getting paid for it.

I remember how impressed i was w/ LS's free coaching. That too has shades of Silva philosophy. Silva would be happy w/ how LS does their stuff. Free coaching says that they want us to LEARN the stuff.

But, Silva also has something else that is very important. He understood that there are minds that can train other minds. He trained minds to do what his mind could do. Not every one can do that. Many refused to believe that he could do it even though it was demonstarted over and over again.

I've been meditating for 30+ yrs & have seen alot of stuff. Silva has it all. After reading his Autobiography though i can see that he got more & more disheartened w/ people taking his ideas & using them to just make $$$.

quote:
Originally posted by Pratibha:
Jose Silva eh? In what way do you think he "had it all". I've read some of his books and am sincerely interested.

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited March 22, 2001).]

#20314 03/23/01 02:08 AM

I, too took the Silva homestudy course from Nightingale and was impressed by its simplicity. I am using the first steps for "programming myself" daily.

What bothers me, though is the basic concept that stands behind it all. Citing Silva, Bob Stone (one of the lecturers in that tape series) says somewhere on the tapes something like: "All you see around you has it's origin in spirit." this then leads to the concept, that if you bring things/ situations whatever back into your spirit, namely your mind you can mold things your way. At least this is my understanding of it.
Now, being educated in a very materialistic way this is very hard to swallow. I might go as far and agree that human made things are originated by spirit in the sense that humans thought about it before making it, (but isn't the brain and how it works in the end also a very materialistic matter?).

But I see no way that nature in all it forms and variations - living or non-living - could be the result of a spirit's blueprint.

Happy Day

#20315 03/23/01 02:54 AM

How interesting!

I purchased the home study course from Silva home office & it had nothing like that on it. The man giving the course was Ed Bernd & it was not a real professional package. However, i was very pleased w/ it.

At any rate: Take want suits you & skip the rest. I never let anyone's philosophy get in my way when i am working on my personal spirituality. People rant & rave about Swami & Mother, but that does not negate the fact that they both have literally saved my life in dramatic ways.

Silva stuff works great. I've had success that borders on miracles or maybe it's just i'm finally getting in touch w/ mySelf. Jose Silva can say whatever he wants; it does not affect the way his stuff works in the least.

Happyday, i think he means that will power can't be seen, yet w/o it, you could not lift your arm. You look at a skyscraper & only see the building that rises from the ground. However, there is a very deep foundation that is holding it up. Like that he means the UNSEEN is the basis of the SEEN.

It's interesting & fun

#20316 03/23/01 08:28 AM

I bought the course because I wanted to come to grips with this Alpha level. Then I found out that (like you said) Silva has it all - from selfgrowth to healing others. Intrigued I wanted to see and experience these claims. Started out superduper and then came this sentence which went bang into my belief system - so much that it stopped me there and then. The funny thing is, BEFORE I heard that one damn sentence I didn't care at all how Silva is explaining any of this and in fact it also says somewhere on the tapes that someone who would like an explanation would just have to wait because there isn't any yet.

So, what can I do to make that phrase become again non-existent to me as it was before and let me happily go on with just experimenting?

By the way, I'd love to hear about your experience with the BLS seminar. But maybe we should move that to the "Beyond Human" section.

Happyday

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
At any rate: Take what suits you & skip the rest.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved