Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
dmatech Offline OP
OP Offline

I was just curious how many people actually get to the point where they experience spontaneous activation of photoread material without having to manually activate it?

dmatech:
This is not meant to be anything other than my personal experience. I am not in school, but i have had some spontaneous experiences. Problem is that i did not know them when they occurred. I've also seen some other posts to the same effect. I PhR a lot of books on stress in the beginning. I did NOT activate any of them. One night while meditating, i suddenly did something w/ my neck to relax it. I had never done this before. Then one day, while looking at a book in B&N on stress, i saw a description of exactly what i did. I figured that i must have done it because of PhRing the books on stress.

The young man i helped is a student & he has had the experience of PhRing a book & then going to a lecture & understanding it better. And, he is able to ask questions that he would not have been able to do otherwise. He's had some very good activation in this area.

That's it.

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited March 22, 2001).]

dmatech Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the input Margaret

Good question.

When I look back on the last 9 years with PhotoReading, I've experienced many dozens of spontaneous activations. BUT, often I did not realize it while it was happening. It feels like "automatic knowingness" that surfaces as personal knowledge and expertise. It's like firmly believing the knowledge you have is true, and at the time you don't exactly know where it came from.

More importantly, the information was available when I needed it. For example, one of my hobbies is auto mechanics and keeping the equipment running on the family farm. Many times I have done things, repairs, etc, perfectly having never done them before. I've gone back to my books I've PhotoRead, and sure enough everything was clearly there in black and white.

Another related example, which solidifies my belief in the PhotoReading step is an experience PhotoReading the dictionary. This happened about a year ago. I was re-PhotoReading the dictionary to brush up on my vocabulary. This was on a Friday. Well, earlier that week, I was trying to recall the name of a movie I had just watched a few weeks prior. I could see the whole storyline, characters, but for the life of me couldn't come up with the title. On that Friday while flipping a page per second, all the sudden the name of the movie hit me and I stopped flipping. It was like someone dumped a pail of water on my head. "Powder." Then, I turned a few pages back, and sure enough, I had just PhotoRead that word.

[This message has been edited by Dana Hanson (edited March 23, 2001).]

Dana,
Could you do what Pete does on the PR infomercial? Are there many who can?

Jeff

He PhotoReads a chapter of one book followed by a fast Super Read--many people can do what he did. (You have to watch the show carefully to see that he goes back to the beginning of the chapter to Super Read. It looks like he just PhotoReads.)

He then PhotoReads a book from the computer screen and immediately answers questions. While many PhotoReaders can answer T&F and Multiple Choice questions, not very many can do as well as Pete.

[This message has been edited by Dana Hanson (edited March 23, 2001).]

Could someone from LS post a schedule of when this infomercial is slated to run? I've never seen it and I'd like the chance.

Thanks.

--George

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

The media buyers do not want to publicize the schedule, because they do not want to tip off media buyers of other infomercials.

====

Dana's comments about spontaneous activation hit it right on the head. Tonight I took one our instructors from Germany, Evelyn Wild, to the orchestra in the Twin Cities. When I was driving her back to Paul Scheele's house, where she was staying, we talked about her personal PhotoReading experiences.

She says PhotoReading has dramatically changed her life. She can suck information from books whenever she wants. More importantly, though, she PhotoReads everything and she continuously surprises herself with what she knows. She might be in a meeting with client and she find herself contributing information and facts she should not have known. That's like what Dana was describing.

She told me of a college student who she spoke with last week. He was studying a biology text book (I think that was the subject) for a test the next day. He quit studying because the information seemed so familiar, that he already knew it. He then aced the test. He attributed it to PhotoReading, because he had never had that feeling of familiarity about his school work--he would always study until the last minute.

I asked Evelyn if learning PhotoReading was easy for her. She said initially she was trying to perfect PhotoReading by doing everything just right. She said she was frustrated and got very little benefit. As soon as she let go of the need to do it right, she blossomed with it. That experience led her right into our German instructor training course!

===

So many people ask, "How can I do what you do on the infomercial." Like Evelyn discovered: do not force it.

Develop your PhotoReading skills step by step. Enjoy your successes along the way. Stay curious. Remain upbeat and positive. Give yourself a break.

===

Remember, PhotoReading at 25,000 words a minute is not the same as "reading" at 25,000 words a minute. Most people think of reading as having conscious knowledge of the information as you go along. You can't do it at those speeds.

When I PhotoRead on the computer screen on the infomercial, I did not know what was going on while I PhotoRead. Not at all. It was all a blur of text streaming in front of my eyes.

When they asked me questions, images began emerging in my mind and I described the images. It was like a mind probe. When I answered the first question, I still did not know what the story was about. When they asked the next question, I had more images emerge, and I described them. Had the process continued, I would have eventually put the story together. If I wanted it sooner, I would have had to activate the story just as I would a book.

===

There is nothing magical about PhotoReading. From the beginning Paul and I have always been fascinated at now complex people make PhotoReading. It is a simple system for processing information.

A beginning PhotoReader can go through information three times faster than they could without PhotoReading.

It is not unusual for beginners to question whether the "PhotoReading" step works. Well, if you look for any pieces of evidence that the PhotoReading step works, you will probably find it. Build on it.

If that's not for you--maybe you talk yourself out of believing the evidence had anything to do with PhotoReading--then try activating a book without PhotoReading it. You simply cannot get the level of comprehension or understanding in the same period of time (and if you do, you got lucky, so try it again).

A great test is to PhotoRead a horrible suspense thriller before bed, and notice your dreams.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

And about the negative stuff that has recently appeared on the Forum...

We opened this Forum for two primary reasons:

1) to create a way for people to get coaching on PhotoReading not only from real coaches but from other PhotoReaders who are willing to help.

2) to create a way for people just discovering PhotoReading to find out more about it.

For one reason or another, not everyone is satisfied with their experiences with PhotoReading. Hey, that's life.

If you don't have a positive experience, don't try to ruin it for others. Every snide comment will discourage someone. Hey, the world is filled with enough discouragement, let's not spread it.

If you've read this far, you obviously think there is something cool about PhotoReading, something cool about the abilities and capabilities of the human brain.

Let's keep in the spirit of exploration and learning. See what we can do with it. How we can make ourselves better. How we can make our world better.

I'm off to bed...

The thing I find interesting is that the negativity you see is NOT from anyone who has purchased a PhotoReading product.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved