Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#20467 03/27/01 06:08 AM
OP Offline

Hey!

I am discouraged by my lack of success in activating the information in college textbooks that I PRed. It is next to impossible for me to follow my hunches because I don't know how a "hunch" is supposed to feel! I need some clarification with the concept of the hunch.

College textbooks were the only books I've PRed since I first learned the skill a couple months ago. Did I jump a little too far there? Were I supposed to start with easy books and work my way towards more complex books? Like the author of the PRing book said, PRing wasn't supposed to require practice, so I thought I would succeed at PRing college textbooks. The self-study course won't benefit me because I am hearing-impaired. If I weren't deaf, then I would already have ordered the course. The PRing classes are just prohibitively expensive (I'm 19, so I naturally don't have much of an income). I'm very disappointed that Learning Strategies Corporation would not offer an alternative to the self-study course for hearing-impaired customers so that they may benefit just as much as the hearing customers.

I hope that somebody will be able to help me out.

Thanks!
Jeremy

PS: I certainly wouldn't file a lawsuit against LSC, but I want to point out that I do feel discriminated.

#20468 03/26/01 08:06 PM

Hunches? Don't worry about hunches. That deals more with spontaneous activation. Instead, use the full PhotoReading system on your text books and fully activate the material. Review the article in the PhotoReading section of the website called "Works on all material." Many, many students
have gone before you with great success.

#20469 03/26/01 08:16 PM

As it is nearly always the case with PR, the answer is: Play with it.

Superread the book/chapter/article and just try to dip if you feel like it. Read some sentences/paragraphs. If there's information for you - fine, perhaps read another few sentences/paragraphs.
If nothing is there, go up again to Superreading.
Remain curious and playful and with experience you develop a sense for your hunches.

Have fun!

Jens

#20470 03/26/01 09:18 PM

"Like the author of the PRing book said, PRing wasn't supposed to require practice..."

You've miss-interpreated it. What Paul Scheele means is that the amt of "practice" you put it isn't neccessarily proportional to the outcome you get; however, the more you "use" it and notice all the positive effect its having, ( yes there are bound to be some positives amongst your whole experience ) the better/faster you become. The key is just to use it and STOP worrying about if you are doing it right.

#20471 04/05/01 10:25 PM

I'm a PRer since XI/2000, I?ve read only colleg books and have the same problem with activation, I did pass my MD boards so far. And only until I did not have to much pressure on me, was when I finally got some manual activation results; so far I'm getting more results very slowly but comming out...; In relationship to your hearing imparement I'm a ENT surgeon, and my proposal it's a little bit aside from the medical standpoint, Have you heard of the Silva Method of mind control, we had a couple of testimonies of persons who actually improved their hearing loss after some time of practicing with mental programming for that problem; I'm a graduate of the system and from the heart (and I would ask you to be an open minded about this), ask some advice to an instructor near your hometown and give it a try. There is a web page for the Silva Method, you may get some information from there. www.silvaintl.com I really hope this can be of great help for you.
You can contact me outside DF
sixtosorl@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by sixtos (edited April 05, 2001).]

#20472 04/06/01 12:08 AM

wow...that's incredible. I took some Silva classes over 10 years ago. Not sure how helpful they were.

I have a nerve hearing loss from having the measles when I was 3 years old. I speak well, but I wear hearing aids. Do you think that the mind stuff could improve this kind of hearing loss?

I really struggle when I am with a group of people or if someone talks to me with their back turned or their mouth covered.

Thanks...Bridget

#20473 04/06/01 03:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jmbreland:
[B]Hey!

I am discouraged by my lack of success in activating the information in college textbooks that I PRed.
College textbooks were the only books I've PRed since I first learned the skill a couple months ago. Did I jump a little too far there? Were I supposed to start with easy books and work my way towards more complex books?

Hi there, i dont know if this helps but: I learnt photoreading days just from reading through the photoreading book alone. I did not buy the home study course because the cost is still a little prohibitive to me.As of this time, I still strongly feel I do not need to buy the course. After discovering I could photoread, I just started to apply photoreading whole mind system to different types of reading materials: from heavy academic reading stuff for classes as well as lighter readings such as fiction and personal interest non-fiction areas. I must say that the starting momentum I gained from 'just doing it', playing with it, and when doubts eventually coming out, noticing it, owning it, and playing with it and just staying with it kept me from getting discouraged at times. Anyway, I refused to get caught in a rut. Most of the time, my experience has been positive: including activating text book material for classes. Also, because this is a whole new way of studying for me, I also told myself to go easy on myself and take it easy: interestingly that only made me more determined to try new things for photoreading. I guess for myself, making lots of time to just do it and to see what happens did pay off. Now my reading and studying time is a fraction of what it used to be before: but changing old study habits means willing to take it easy on yourself, work at own pace and still keep working with the material and the system.

#20474 04/06/01 08:18 AM

As Anthony Robbins says, emotions are signals for us to change our state; therefore, if you feel inadequate, meaning you don't feel you gotten enough from you activation, you should keep doing it. Concentrate on the signal you get from your emotions instead being embelished it

It's seems impecable to me how many people accross the world let their emotions control them when really, they should be controlling their emotions. Emotions are simply primal instincts which have evolved with us to keep us safe from being prey. In this day and age, we should just take the signals and leave the reast in the gutter

#20475 04/06/01 01:25 PM

Elmo, I appreciate your posts, but, perhaps a quick photoread of the dictionary! lol. Just kidding, but I noticed you used the word 'impeccable' alot, but incorrectly.
Don't take offense, I'm just a former english major who can't help but notice!

#20476 04/06/01 03:36 PM
OP Offline

Thanks a lot, folks!! I now have a better idea of what to do. It is to just do it and stop being result-oriented. I have been expecting extravagant results; I realize that as a beginner, I need to expect to spend just as much time studying with Photoreading as I have without it. I do realize that I need to be careful not to spend too much time previewing material. And, thank you, sixtos, for bringing the Silva mind control method thing to my attention. I surely will look into it and learn more about it. I'll sometimes contact you via e-mail.

Sincerely,
Jeremy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved