Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#20477 04/06/01 08:28 PM

Bridget; I really belive you already walked more than halfway towards improving your hearing imparement; keep programming yourself if possible 3 times a day, thinking something like you're turning up the radio volumen (meaning increasing your hearing capability), or think of something more creative, or if you have a Silva mind instructor near your hometown ask for some advice; I almost have my migranes gone I've been a silva practitioner just 4 months ago, and you can get almost any think you want. So give it a try, Don't have any thing to loose (except your hearing loss). be well Jorge

#20478 04/06/01 10:58 PM

Jeremy, when I first learned to PhotoRead back in 1992, I was in the middle of my first year on college. Automotive Diagnostics. Within a couple of weeks, I noticed my study time almost was cut in half, and the materials I PhotoRed and activated at home, really came together alot faster when we covered it in class. A great confidence-booster during tough semesters!

Sometimes it worked better to activate one chapter at a time. Start with your mind probing questions, then SuperReading and Dip from beginning to end, and Mind Map your trigger words. You'll know when to shift into Rapid Reading for specific detail.

Cycle the activation techniques in 30 minute sessions and watch it all come together.

#20479 04/07/01 05:27 AM

Ti HE HE HE HE HE back in 1992 i was still in grade two struggling with my alphabets in ESL

#20480 04/08/01 06:06 PM

Jorge,

Thanks for the tips! I'll try them. I had migraines for a short period (monthly for 5 years) about 20 years ago including the aura and headache. Relaxation techniques really helped me with that...I haven't had one since that time.

The hearing thing makes sense. I've noticed in myself and other people with impaired hearing that concentration patterns seem to be altered somewhat.We have an increased tendancy to tune out the world sometimes. (We can't follow what's going on, so we entertain ourselves by daydreaming...)

#20481 04/11/01 01:29 AM

If this helps, I do a lot of support work for Columbus Speech and Hearing center (www.columbusspeech.org), and they deal with some pretty interesting things. I've never heard of the Silva stuff, but I will look into it. I understand that writing is based off the way words sound, which can be very hard to comprehend if you are having trouble with hearing.
As far as problems with heading into fits of daydreaming, realize you have enabled more creativity in yourself which will help in the long run. Congrats in overcoming hurdles, you've done better than I....

#20482 04/11/01 07:41 AM

Actually most people with migraines significantly improves it/ get rid of it by altering their concious focus.

When ever i get migraines/splitting head aches, i noticed that most of the time im in a very emotional situation where i've either gotten really mad or either i've been really overwhelmed. Every single time i was able to dissapate the pain by simply finding something where i can use my whole mind to concentrate on. And usually that would be finding something to Photoread and activate.

#20483 04/11/01 07:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Franklin_X:
Elmo, I appreciate your posts, but, perhaps a quick photoread of the dictionary! lol. Just kidding, but I noticed you used the word 'impeccable' alot, but incorrectly.
Don't take offense, I'm just a former english major who can't help but notice!

HE HE HE yep im glad you've noticed, i use the word "impeccable" like that all the time. Its known as my trademark by my friends and most people who know me (those who catch it that is).... ....yep definitely photoread dictionary a lot for me. Im trying to attain a 'million dollar' vocab

[This message has been edited by Elmo9 (edited April 11, 2001).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved