Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20541 03/30/01 09:21 AM
Elmo9 Offline OP
OP Offline

Can somebody describe to me exactly how Lucid dreaming feels like?

Ever since i started to photoread books at the masive volume i've been doing, i noticed that EVERY single morning i remember my dreams with such vivid detail.

Although when i dream i don't actually know that im dreaming, everything seems SOOO real. Is that lucid dreaming or do i actually have to know that im dreaming when im dreaming to be lucid dreaming? ( sorry for the cumbersome sentence construction )

Just this afternoon while i was grabbing a half an hour nap on the bus on the way home, i found myself dreaming about something. When i woke up, i had a really hard time differentiation upon wheather or not i actually did what i was dreaming about or it was something i photoread.

Things are starting to get confusing. I can't seem to be able link logic to the stuff i get from my dreams. Pete and all those who've practiced image streaming, how do you make sense of the images you see??

This week, practically evey single night, i saw this huge oak tree with long thick branches located on a hill top which have brownish green grass. I can see the ridges of the trunk extremely vividly in my mind. The branches extends to the full width of my optical field......i can't make out what this image could possibly mean.

#20542 03/30/01 09:14 PM

To me lucid dreaming is when i actually wake up in a dream & function as i would when i'm awake. Then, when i physically do wake up, i recall the dream easily. That's just my personal understanding of my experience of lucid dreaming.

It seems like you are doing some lucid dreaming. But, just remembering dreams when you wake up in vivid detail is not lucid dreaming. However, some of your comments do seem to border on lucid dreaming.

1. recalling dreams
2. recalling dreams in color
3. active imagination
4. lucid dreaming
5. astral traveling/projection

quote:
Originally posted by Elmo9:
Can somebody describe to me exactly how Lucid dreaming feels like?

Ever since i started to photoread books at the masive volume i've been doing, i noticed that EVERY single morning i remember my dreams with such vivid detail.

Although when i dream i don't actually know that im dreaming, everything seems SOOO real. Is that lucid dreaming or do i actually have to know that im dreaming when im dreaming to be lucid dreaming? ( sorry for the cumbersome sentence construction )

Just this afternoon while i was grabbing a half an hour nap on the bus on the way home, i found myself dreaming about something. When i woke up, i had a really hard time differentiation upon wheather or not i actually did what i was dreaming about or it was something i photoread.

Things are starting to get confusing. I can't seem to be able link logic to the stuff i get from my dreams. Pete and all those who've practiced image streaming, how do you make sense of the images you see??

This week, practically evey single night, i saw this huge oak tree with long thick branches located on a hill top which have brownish green grass. I can see the ridges of the trunk extremely vividly in my mind. The branches extends to the full width of my optical field......i can't make out what this image could possibly mean.

What does an oak tree mean to you? Do you have an oak tree in your yard? Does that scene bring particular feelings & thoughts to mind? You appear to be focused on the trunk. What does "trunk" mean to you? Could mean beginning, stability, roots, strong... can mean anything under the sun actually. The only thing that counts is the adjectives that come to mind for you. Is it an oak tree you have seen before, or never? One thing is clearly seen is that it's takes up your entire optical field, or it is consuming all your attention. What in your present life is consuming all of your attention?

In order to help yourself get a better understanding on the stuff that is coming up, just get into the alpha level. Then notice what thoughts come to mind. Eg., prior to going into the alpha level ask yourself: What does this dream of the oak tree mean to me? Then go to the alpha level. At this level more info is available to you. You should get some worthwhile info quickly. 5-10 minutes.

#20543 03/31/01 01:22 AM

Elmo,

How much have you been photoreading lately to consitute saying "massive"?

Just curious...

Jeff

#20544 04/02/01 08:41 PM

Hi Elmo9,

are your familiar with ImageStreaming? If your are, you could use it to get a meaning out of your dream.

1. State your purpose, e.g. "I want to know what the oak tree trunk in my dreams means."

2. Start ImageStreaming (ISing) and picture your self in a hall with three doors. Examine the doors closely but do not open them. Tell yourself that behind each door you will find the answer to your question/purpose/problem, each time differently presented.

3. Open one door, jump through it and begin to describe what you first perceive.

4. Repeat with the other doors.

5. Debrief, even do Joking Analyst. Find what your three ImageStreams of the three doors had in common, what idea they represented.

The full procedure can be found under www. winwenger.com.

Jens

#20545 04/03/01 12:58 AM

FYI,

If you want to ImageStream and don't have a recording tape player handy, Iomega has a freeware product called RecordIT. It can be used to record your ImageStreams at various levels of compression and it doesn't limit the length the way the Windows recorder does.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved