Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jovo Offline OP
OP Offline

Can any of experienced users out there tell me what is the difference (if any) between Photo Flip and PhotoFocus? Do any of you use photoflip at all? What was your activation afterwards?

Thanx

Jovo,

Photofocus is a way at looking at the material one is PR'ing.

Photoflipping is a method of turning pages by fanning them.

Activate as you normally would.

Jovo Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for reply, but it seems that you misunderstood me.

I know what is the difference in technique between those two, but I do not know what is difference in understanding material (if there is any). I find it much easier to photoflip, and that's how I photoread, but I do not know if I'm missing much in understanding.

I find just one drawback in photofliping. Sometimes my eyes do not stay still while I'm flipping. I keep photofocus but it happens from time to time that m eyes start to follow page turning. Is that good or bad?

i just wanted 2 comment u on this thing called photoflipping. since the eye cant digest more than 24 frames per 1 sec, if u try 2 flip a 300 page book in 3 seconds u wont get much..
still this method can b used by flipping at slower rates, which is a big waste of about 12.5 seconds of ur life

Interesting. I thought that the 24 frames/sec was necessary for the the illusion of smooth movement in TV and cinema etc. Not a limit of the eye-brain.
Can I suggest a better assumption would be that this is not a limit but a useful effect which lets TV work.
The eye-brain does not record onto a medium such as film (unless you have a photgraphic memory ), so the analogy may not be too valid anyway.
My approach would be to try it and see.

"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

as far as i know (correct me if im wrong ofcourse) 4 the TV animation effect 2 apply,the brain needs 2 b exposed 2 a minimum of 20 fps below that ull notice seperate still pictures. still, i do believe that im wrong because most computer gamers cant look at a game running lower than 50 fps...and a geforce 3 card does about 70 fps minimum & if im right i have no idea y would it b economically efficient 2 create such a card. so im probably wrong (its not a bad thing 2 b wrong im just learning from my mistakes).
but from what i know, the eye (not the brain) can get only 24 fps max..its a physical limit. think that u have a 1.7ghz p4 in ur head connected 2 a 14.4kbps modem..u get the idea.

Jovo,

Over time, you'll find that when in Photofocus ... that distractions (eyes wandering ...) when Photoflipping (rapidly fanning of pages) will not be an issue as you've trained your eyes to automatically stay in the Photofocus state.

At this point I can maintain the Photofocus state at will and ever pause glance around if need be and get back into focus within seconds.

You too will experience this but give yourself time to develop.

As for is it good or bad for your eyes to wander ... it all depends upon what your eyes are wandering to!

Jovo Offline OP
OP Offline

Photofoucus is no longer a problem to me.

I do not know what is the eye-brain limit, but I am not reaching over it since I do not flip pages as fast as I could. About two pages per second, which is way slower than 24 frames per sec. And, I find it easier to flip than turn.

Anyways, to make long story short - in your opinion, do flip and page turning have same effect if same way (same photofocus, speed etc)?

sure u get the whole thing but still there's this 1 simple risk: when u flip u might miss the words which are near the center of the book.
try 2 flip at about 20 pages per sec tell me if it hinders ur comprehension later or not..im kinda a fan of photofocus so only if i c equal results ill try it 2.

Images that you view are burned into your retina for 1/10 of a second. You might try turning pages to accomadate this(ten pages per second).

[This message has been edited by NiJuIchi (edited May 04, 2001).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved