Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:

The promise is that you will be able to get through information three times faster
than you can without the PhotoReading whole mind system. With use you can do much, much better.

Three Times Faster??? I am almost a hundred percent sure that the radio ads claim that PR is upto 18 times faster than speed reading. So does this mean that the ad is not true?

This is Pete's post from the "Don't get it" thread:

The 60-second radio ads do not mention 18 times faster.

The 30-minute radio and television programs repeat three times faster again and again. 18 times is mentioned in the "calls to action" on some versions of the program. Here is that portion of the script:

"With Photo Reading, you can absorb even complicated business and technical information at least 3 times faster almost instantly. And, as you’ve heard Pete say here on the show today, he has thousands of people going 5, 10, even 18 times faster with PhotoReading."

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
This is Pete's post from the "Don't get it" thread:

The 60-second radio ads do not mention 18 times faster.

The 30-minute radio and television programs repeat three times faster again and again. 18 times is mentioned in the "calls to action" on some versions of the program. Here is that portion of the script:

Ohh please I know this is not true. I've heard the 60 second radio ads and they do say upto 18 times faster. If it is only 3 times faster then that would mean that you would be reading at about 700 wpm at most with photoreading. Don't most speed reading programs get you up that far?

I haven't seen the tv infomercials so I can't comment on them.

Doesn't the Four Powers for Greatness course also promise an increase of at least %300 in reading speed an comprehension with it's skittering style? ("Anf for people who take to it naturaly, there doesn't seem to be an upper limit.")

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Nope - The 60-second ads say three times, unless they recorded a new version that we haven't approved, which isn't very likely.

Nonetheless, three times is the beginning whereas with most programs, including Four Powers, three times is pretty much it.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
Nope - The 60-second ads say three times, unless they recorded a new version that we haven't approved, which isn't very likely.

Nonetheless, three times is the beginning whereas with most programs, including Four Powers, three times is pretty much it.

This should be easy to check since I do hear your ad at least once or twice a week on the radio. I am very much sure that you do say "upto 18 times faster" and that "it requires no practice like other speed reading techniques" along with "you can start in less than one or two hours".

I'll keep my ears open just to make sure my perceptions were correct.

OP Offline

I heard the radio ad once again this morning and it does say "up to 18 times faster" with "no practice required" and that "it goes directly into your memory" which you can recall years later if needed.

So which is it 3 times faster (as Dana and other have said) with faith and practice (as it has been stated on this message board countless amounts of time) or "18 ties faster with no practice required" (as the ad says)?

Hi prnewbie,

I think you haven't fully considered what the term "up to" means. The term "up to" as it is usually used in advertising, means _anything_ up to the stated maximum. Simply put, it could be any of 1x, 2x, 3x, ... , 18x.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of mistake that marketing departments count on. People have a tendency to delete (not hear or conveniently forget) the "up to" portion and only hear the 18x portion. Also unfortunately, this leads to customer dissatisfaction when they don't meet their self-inflated expectations.

Mike

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by MikeB:
Hi prnewbie,

I think you haven't fully considered what the term "up to" means. The term "up to" as it is usually used in advertising, means _anything_ up to the stated maximum. Simply put, it could be any of 1x, 2x, 3x, ... , 18x.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of mistake that marketing departments count on. People have a tendency to delete (not hear or conveniently forget) the "up to" portion and only hear the 18x portion. Also unfortunately, this leads to customer dissatisfaction when they don't meet their self-inflated expectations.

Mike

Trust me I know what "up to" means ok Mike. Kind of like "the bs on the message board is "up to" my ______ "

exactly how is it "self-inflated expectations" when an ad says you can read "up to 18 times faster with no practice required and that you will have the information available years later and instantly".

Enough already!!!!
regardless if 1x, 2x, or 18x faster, that is a vast improvement from where you are currently. Spend the time debating this to death or order the course and learn something really great and wonderful. If you are not going to learn the system, why worry about it? If you are going to learn the system why worry about??????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved