Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#21279 06/06/01 03:26 PM

"I can do telekineses"? That's nice - I can put parrots in freezers. I also know how to skip things.

#21280 06/06/01 03:41 PM

Mike, I'm really interested in your experience with telekinesis. I've played with it since I was 11. Can you tell me more about your process? You can email me directly, too if you want. DanaH@LearningStrategies.com
Thanks.

#21281 06/06/01 08:53 PM

telekinesis, how is this reasonable to you? this is how everything has been since day one: a thought comes to a mans mind, and to the best of his body's ability, his body creates this thought, whether it be a chair, a bridge, a game, a car, an mp3, murder, right? this is all day through the access of the body. the body is what performs anything (yet limited) the mind thinks up. so how in the world could anyone believe the mind can do anything when all of time the body has been used to express the minds thought? BECAUSE MAN CAN BELIEVE ANYTHING. he's self-centered. (my opinion of course, but if my reason is flawed, please someone, point it out).

#21282 06/06/01 10:56 PM

How does the brain "know" how to operate itself? What makes fields of neurons fire? Where are my memories and where do I "see" mental imagery?

[This message has been edited by Pratibha (edited June 06, 2001).]

#21283 07/19/01 03:13 AM
ALI Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Polly-Anna:

POLLY WANTS A WHAT?!

A lady goes to her priest one day and tells him, "Father, I have a problem. I have two female parrots, but they only know how to say one thing."
"What do they say?" the priest inquired. They say, 'Hi, we're prostitutes. Do you want to have
some fun?'" "That's obscene!" the priest exclaimed, then he thought for a
moment."You know," he said, "I may have a solution to your problem.I have two male talking parrots whom I have taught to pray and read the bible.
Bring your two parrots over to my house, and we'll put them in the cage with Francis and Job. My parrots can teach your parrots to praise and worship, and your parrots are sure to stop saying...that phrase...in no time." "Thank you," the woman responded, "this may very well be the solution." The next day, she brought her female parrots to the priest's house. As he ushered her in, she saw that his two male parrots were inside their cage, holding rosary beads and praying. Impressed, she walked overand placed her parrots in with them. After a few minutes, the female parrots cried out in unison: "Hi, we're prostitutes. Do you want to have some fun?" There was stunned silence. Finally, one male parrot looked over at the other male parrot and exclaimed, "Put the beads away, Francis, our prayers have been answered!"

Praying birds....be for real their nature is perfect as it is teaching them to pray is a waste of time and life,remember nature is perfect in itself..... but when we as humans interfere with thier ( the animals) life thats when they incounter things that they normally would never have been introduced too. praying birds......@##@%% about.

#21284 07/19/01 03:41 AM

ALI,

are you high......you know the praying bird thing was a joke right?

#21285 07/19/01 05:46 AM
ALI Offline

Sorry ladies and gentlemen; i wasn't expecting this forum to be like laugh -in.
Even though it may be a good place to express
our various concepts, lets stay with the purpose it was really created for......
PHOTOREADING

#21286 07/19/01 11:01 AM

Hi Mike

Was very interestd in what you had to say about teleskiness can you piont me to some good internet sites for beginners.

#21287 07/20/01 05:56 AM

I really don't understand those kinds of people that demand six pieces of evidence before they believe that fish have gills.... you can deny any evidence, claim that it was a fabrication, a government conspiracy, etc, etc... I am not making it up when I say that there are people who believe that the moon doesn't exist, and no matter what kind of evidence you give them, they'll say that it's all special effects, a govt. conspiracy, a fabrication....

how much proof is enough??

"Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers."
-- Bernard Haisch, astrophysicist and editor of the Journal of Scientific Exploration.

[This message has been edited by BubblesOfEvil (edited July 19, 2001).]

#21288 07/20/01 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chaosadelt:
A famous scientist (don't know his name but this quote is famous) said "I stand on the shoulders of giants". Inventions aren't possible w/o previous science. Whoever thinks up of ideas (in engineering, science, math) is relying much already on others ideas. The new ideas then have to be proved, and once that happens becomes again part of science.

Brains think up of ideas, and wishful thinking is the engine that drives science but cannot be science itself.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved