Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

No Lucid dreaming or spontanious activation yet, but wow do i have somewhat of a headache today right now..... I'm sure this is nomal as others have reported the same happening after PR. I guess it just usually happens to novie photoreaders.

I photoread a book on speaking and reading japanese last night before bed. As I was lying in bed, I was thinking about the dream I had the night before, and some of the signs (which I knew were in English) appeared as kanji symbols. I couldn't translate them, it was just odd.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by darkblood:
I photoread a book on speaking and reading japanese last night before bed. As I was lying in bed, I was thinking about the dream I had the night before, and some of the signs (which I knew were in English) appeared as kanji symbols. I couldn't translate them, it was just odd.

Cool, you have much sucess with photoreading yourself yet? I am mostly photoreading tons and tons of books lateley, not actually activating any of them yet, I'm hopeing to trigger some spontanious activation by useing the photoreading step on several books. Trying to build up my nerological connections in my brain.

[This message has been edited by Mike Kovacs (edited June 04, 2001).]

I haven't had that much success however I have not been activating as much as I should. I'd like to wait for spontaneous activation but I know that's rare (like the scene in my dream). Before going to bed I used to state that I would like to activate the book I recently photoread. However I find it's better to ask more specific questions, like "What have I learned today about [insert topic here]?"

Since lucid dreaming and photoreading somewhat go hand in hand, check out my previous post titled "more lucid dreams"

[This message has been edited by darkblood (edited June 04, 2001).]

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Kovacs:
No Lucid dreaming or spontanious activation yet, but wow do i have somewhat of a headache today right now..... I'm sure this is nomal as others have reported the same happening after PR. I guess it just usually happens to novie photoreaders.

When you say you photoread these books does that mean you did all the steps (Survey, MindMap, PhotoRead, Activate) or just did you just flip through the book?

OP Offline

I did all the steps except activation. stated purpose, preview, relax and the photoreading step. About 10 to 15 minutes per book it took me. Some of those books had about 6-700 pages. I will start activating a couple books tonight if possible. I would love to have spontanious activation first but I will develope that another way by manual activatoion. I want to master the activation step.

I think of PhotoReading more as a "1st half, 2nd half" process. Prepare/Preview/PhotoRead as the 1st half, and Activate/Rapid Read as the 2nd half.

I've used PhotoReading since 1992, and the 1st half of PhotoReading always gives me an intuitive "red light or green light" as to whether I needed to activate it or not.

I've noticed when I've only done the 1st half, there seemed to be only a limited amount of information that spontaneously activated without doing the techniques in step 4.

By far, the best way to "hard wire" your brain for making the PhotoReading techniques second-nature, is by committing to Preparing/Previewing/PhotoReading 5-10 books a week for one full month, and each week go back and fully Activate/Rapid Read a couple of those books each week. And, it increases the number of new neuropathways between your conscious mind and your memory bank. Which, improves your chances for spontaneous activation.

Hope this helps.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved