Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21581 06/06/01 08:41 PM
OP Offline

okay, being high, or higher, and then photoreading? would that work? or would the day after work, tho i feel totally relaxed? is my brain ready then? what affect does drugs have on my minds capability to retain knowledge w/o consciously picking it all up?
of course i should try and photoread the dictionary and see if any new words pop out of my mouth. anyone have anything to say? specially the higher office?

#21582 06/09/01 06:51 AM

I believe there is a problem with your plan. Photoreading truly shines when your entire mind activates and opens up to the book. That relaxed feeling you get while high is the exact opposite of what you want to achieve. You're supposed to turn neurons on, not turn them off. Of course if you're burned out on drugs, then you're in the wrong forum anyways.

#21583 06/10/01 04:23 AM

Scratch what darkblood said, he has no idea how to respond intelligently to your question because he hasnt actually tried what your asking. (no offense to darkblood im sure he is intelligent... your personal bias about drugs isnt really called for though in an open forum discussion)

---
As for me, the only real success I have had has been while high. Now let me explain, Ive gotten a little faster normally, I can skim a hell of a lot faster, and ive learned a lot of *good* theory. But I have actually had results while high. (im sure ill reach the point where I get great results naturally eventually).

Although the results I have gotten while high arnt the kind of results I want exactly.... In certian *states* I am able to relax and pull up text I have photoread. I presume its exactly what a photographic memory would look like...

Problem with this is my *state* varys up and down and I loose focus after a few minutes. And once Ive lost focus I fool myself into not being able to bring it back into focus again untill I stop caring. Then like 5 minutes later its back as soon as I forgot about trying.

I dont think this is how the system is suppose to work at all.... but Im impressed none the less. I've had my friends write down what I read. Was 99% accurate (grammer ect. The reason i say 99% is when I try to start reading out loud what im reading, sometimes that in itself causes me to loose focus and ive messed up the last bit right before loosing it) .

I was able to transcribe threw a friend 2 paragraphs out of the Solaris 7 System Admin Exam Cram. That was my biggest success so far.. (seeing as I hadnt actually read that half of the book yet, just photoread)

----

The bottom line to all of this is, while I dont think drugs are the *key* or even the right path to go with photoreading. It has proven to me beyond all shadow of a doubt that the pages I photoread are somewhere in my head as "photos" perfectly preserved waiting to be tapped.

Has anyone else had similar experience?

BTW While all this was neat, I will admit I think weed hampers your ability to photoread after the fact (for days!)

So I wouldnt advise becoming a pothead to expediate your PRing. But if you have a chance to try it and your not against that sort of thing, a one time deal will infact increase your belief in the entire system.

If your going to try it my only advise is, stay serious, use the best, and have someone sober to verify that something actually did happen. For best results, complete silence and closed eyes. Let your mind start generating random pictures. (of whatever) and then think about the book you lost pred.

My 2 cents, dont look down on me now!

#21584 06/10/01 04:26 AM

er lost pred= last PR'ed

#21585 06/10/01 04:47 AM

Sippincoke,

That was a good reply to pratihba on telekinesis on the other topic, I wish I though of it.

Anyway I don't PR (and a skeptic about it)but read about it. It says much of the PR step (diverging eyes, chanting and that sort of thing) is to keep the conscious mind busy while the "other than conscious mind" takes up the info. So it's suggestable that drugs may help the process, draw your own conclusions.

Mazrim, why would marijauna affect you for days afterward with PRing. I mean even with the best stuff, I've never seen anyone wacked out for days - you know smoking it like cigarette, bong, pipe - unless they are really amateurs

#21586 06/10/01 06:31 PM

abilty to focus, memory ect. is effected for days after I smoke.. but I only smoke once in a blue moon and when I do I smoke atleast Quarter ounce of cally weed. (300 bucks?). That may be why... you left out knife hits... the best way to smoke really good weed. But I digress, this is neither the time nor the place for a discussion of drugs. Lets keep it on topic

#21587 06/10/01 10:45 PM

To each his own.

#21588 07/19/01 03:05 AM
ALI Offline

After 14 years of lawenforcement, the whole thing is a joke too me... Norwegans have been smoking for decades and their just fine, so is their economy and their crime is way lower than ours with all the laws. if you really want to see something....try viewing what they said about siggarettes and alcohole before it was legal...you don't hear it any more. But for the record pal.... it's better to have a clear head.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved