Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Learning Strategies Admin

PhotoReading isn't about remembering the photographed page. It's processing the photographed page. An appreciable difference. It's the difference between being able to recite like a parrot or teach/ explain like a professor.

If photographic memory were such a great tool in conscious understanding we would never have dropped it as we grew up. Once we started understanding concepts we started compressing the information from photographic memory into meaningful units. It makes sense for me to say sit on a chair (a meaningful unit or idea considering how different chairs look in every home) and know you can understand what a chair is without you having to go back through your folder of photographic memories (which we still have but access faster because we've processed the information for meaning) to figure out what I mean by chair.

There is little point in PhotoReading if you plan only to store the information to "read later" from a photographic picture of the page.

Your mind will have processed the information. Learning the PhotoReading system helps you tap that knowledge rather than leaving it in storage. That's why I keep saying activate.

The more you activate the faster you get and the less you need to activate because you trained your body mind connection to tap that information.

PhotoRead once, Activate in multiple short layers. If you maths is poor take my word for it 6 times 20 minutes is less than 1 time 15 hours. (or 1 times 900 minutes)

Swarmi Vivekananda might be someone you want to read more about.

Alex

hi alex
do u mean with photoreading we can understand the written material many times faster than regular reading the same material but not a photographic recall of the page
it means just to precess the page to understand it the best with meaning isn't it
LIKE PARALIMINALS WE DO NOT KNOW that we have learn't them implicitly but we are learning things
so u say that we are integrating them into our brain like a stimulus to the question rather than the photograph of the page which is of no use
then i have atlast photoread the book

Last edited by vinay kumar; 03/03/12 09:11 AM.

It's not a Photographic memory technique because the mind processes the information. If it relied on photographic memory you'd just be turning your head into a library and still traditionally reading the book to get what you need from them.

PhotoReading uses our natural ability for implicit learning.

After PhotoReading you have little to no conscious knowledge of what you saw. Start asking the right questions and looking at the right parts of the book you get it together much faster than traditionally reading. Remember one of the tips of superreading and dipping - stop dipping before you think you're finished. Once you understand you don't need to read more however our habit is to finish reading anyway, which in itself is just unnecessary time, since you "understand'.

Alex

Alex
i have a problem with comprehension as it was very less
and i have to read more to activate the text is there any paraliminal tape to improve our skills as a photoreader

Alex any way i have problem with photofocus state i tried pring and i entered als and into focus and started again to photoread but i can't get any thing by sr and dipping i was very much vexed learning the system but i believe strongly that pring is possible
i have been trying to learn the system for one year using the personal learning course but unable to learn it

i can see the blip page but i can't see the stereo-gram though i can maintain three dots still but i can't see the word photoreading
i tried the 7a tape entered the als and after that into the photofocus but it is of no use i would like to interact with some person lively online to get suggestion
i want to learn it from webinar but i can't afford it

Last edited by vinay kumar; 03/06/12 06:10 AM.

Comprehension requires that you ask activate with questions and a purpose in mind. If you have no purpose and no questions for the author there is no point in activating the book.

If you see the blip page you have an excellent cue that you are in photofocus. Quit stressing the PhotoReading step.

It's not the PhotoReading step that is the problem it's missing the importance of step one which should be applied prior to every step of the system. Every time you start with a book (and that includes activation you apply step one.

Alex

alex
it was fine ok to say that
i was doing correctly up to photreading
as it has only purpose followed by the Als
which is just focusing inward that can be done by me in 15seconds or less and next to photofocus which is just as seeing the double books or three pages and I can see three dots in the stereo gram provided in the prwms plc though i can't see the inbuilt text photoreading i can even see the blip page maintaining clarity to the print
and next to tangerine followed by breathing deep
to keep the state i even had one copy of photoreading activator
which i had listened more than 10 times up to now
i can see the page blurry when photoreading and

i tried the dictionary game
and photoread the book
a
with purpose to improve my vocabulary and word recognition
then tried to activate by positioning some words visualising the words in the book but it didn't came any response correctly

what do u mean by saying the first step is it the purpose u say about?
i came across the photoreading deluxe course DVD

i feel that long term practice to learn the system developed emotional stress but i supported myself by saying the phrase
"i won't develope any stress "
but i ca't get any thing even activating the dictionary

Last edited by vinay kumar; 03/08/12 12:30 PM.

Alex
i tried the dictionary game after reading the post and made 5 out of 8 words correctly using the image streaming as a tool to find the solution and it seems working
i tried in my past like this
when i got a new book to read example "six thinking hats" and "seven habits of highly effective people", "lateral thinking"and some other books
i don't know that i have learned photoreading and say to myself like this if i had learn photoreading by know i might have flipped the pages like this in fantasy and do enter photofocus in seconds and flip the pages for fun many times
but it worked but i don't know that
and continued reading the book in regular manner (no activation steps used by me)( i was in an illustration at that time that photographically remember the page)
i read the books in less than 6 hours with commitment as i was very much interested i will automatically think of the content as it very much useful even
i some times suddenly open the book to see some content which is more useful for me depending on the situation but the most amazing thing is that though i read it using regular reading technique and after some multiple passes through the book i have the information useful for me just working less than 9(6+3) hours on the book which is around more than 300 pages
i even discuss the things with my buddies as the material is useful to them with ease.
i read the PRWMS about activating the book which we proccessed
he stated
1.awareness
2. familiarity
3. knowledge
4. expertise
but
how can we improve the comprehension more easily after photoreading i have the paraliminal tape memory super charger photoreading activator and deluxe DVDs

can u conform from my experiences that i have learned the photoreading system excluding comprehension

The first step of the PhotoReading system you seem to skip entirely.

Prepare, There you decide your pupose.

A purpose of improving your vocabulary is fine, provided you have a way of measuring and seeing your results. Guessing the words on a page is not the same purpose so if you start playing at guessing where the word is on the page you are incongruent with your purpose.

Quit the dictionary game, it's a "Game" and one that most get bored of playing real quick.

Prepare,
Preview,
PhotoRead
Postview

Then Activate A 200 page non-fiction book Use the 5 day test.

Make sure you know your purpose before each step of the system. You will note in the 5 day test it says "Prepare" at the beginning of each day.

To improve comprehension, you need to know your purpose, Activate by asking the author questions.

Do all the steps.

Alex

hi
I have a quick question also about being on photofocus state:

Should I focus onto the page as i see the whole page sharply (all the letters clearly), or just I should watch through the page but then all the letters are totally blury. Or third option: I watch with both of my eyes through on the page and I am having a doubled focused picture at front of me, due both of my eyes are focusing paralery onto the page.

Sorry I am not a native english speaker :P hope its understandable.

Is there any kind of edited picture (edited in photoshop to illustrate it) on the net what kind of picture I should see? I mean some example...

thanks . really.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved