Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21727 06/16/01 05:23 AM
OP Offline

OK... Not exactly knocking my socks off, at least until you consider the facts.

So...here they are.

I photoread the Oregon Trail book in about 1 minute. I did nothing else but a brief preview before the PR step. I took a shower, then relaxed. I came back after some time and took the test Pete put up. Not easy questions, but I tried to answer them intuitively. Now, Keep in mind that I am a rank beginner (1 month in the system). Also bear in mind that this is a book that I had no real interest in, not a whole lot of purpose, except to learn the facts to answer the questions. Not the most rock solid purpose. I came out with about 60% recall and comp just from a short preview of only the TOC and the PR step alone. Not great, but good for a beginner. Also bear in mind that by adding the other steps (trigger words, mind probing and superreading-dipping AKA manual activation) that number would likely be 75-80%. That knocks my socks off.

Also, a strong purpose would revolutionize the whole excursion.

[This message has been edited by Godchild (edited June 16, 2001).]

#21728 06/16/01 07:00 AM

I wanted to see my results too after hearing yours, so I looked at the table of contents for a minute and scrolled down real fast the rest of the story (less than one minute again).

I got exactly 60%, 21 out of 35 right. 50/50 on the multiple choice and 16/25 on the T/F. I must be naturally gifted

[This message has been edited by chaosadelt (edited June 16, 2001).]

#21729 06/16/01 07:01 AM

Of course for me in school, I'd have to study 100x longer for the other 40%

#21730 06/16/01 08:29 AM

I PR`ed the text for a couple of minutes. I did not preview, mindprobe or scan/dip as i didn`t think that was then intention. I belive this was about following inner signals, like when Pete answers questions after PR`ing his laptop, he just answers what comes in mind. Anyway, I took the test around 10 hours after PR`ing

For the true/false test I had 16 right from 25 optins. That`s 64%. Not so fantastic when I have a 50/50 chance each time, but whith activation, this is starting to sound good.

The multiple test gave me 5 right out 9. That`s 55% which is very good, considering that if PR`ing was a hoax, it would only be 25% 8four posibilities, right?)

Conclusion: Although I`m still struggeling to make this PR`ing work, this test has gotten me more eager to keep practicing, and i woul´d like to thank Pete for setting it up. More of this kind would be lovely. Thanks.

#21731 06/17/01 06:38 PM

I previewed the book, wrote down some key words and a purpose (granted I wanted to understand the book and the feelings of the people), PR'd the book and did not take a break. I just let the info soak into my mind then I immediately took the exam. Now as I was taking the exam I reviewed each question and sent a request into the mind to get the answer. I know that you should take a break but I wanted to test the level of retention after immediately reading the book. After taking the exam, I got 70% retention. I just asked the questions and let go. I felt the right answer come to me as I then reviewed the question a second time. Now, if I super read and dip, I am sure that retention will even be higher. On the questions that I missed, I let my conscious mind get in the way by just "thinking" to much. I really am believing that this works.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved