Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Dragon Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey People,
After a long delay, I've purchased the Photoreading Book since last week. I can't afford the Home Course becasue I don't have much money right now to get anything else.
I'll try not to be long winded but I really need help.
I really want to learn photoreading, but I've suffered anxiety neurosis since I was young. I'm a 19 guy now, and as a result of my anxiety neurosis, I've had tension headaches everyday for the last two years.
It's really affected me in many ways, especially my ability to learn. I am not achieving nearly as well as I should.
I've been to see the doctors, but the medication and painkillers don't seem to have much effect.
I'm worried I'll never learn photoreading because it's hard for me to reach the ideal state of mind (Tangerine method) and the accelerative learning state (Relax 321 method). I can always feel the pressure/tightening/ and throbbing of the head.
Me needing to learn photoreading is absolutely essential as hopefully from september, if this summer's exams go well, I'll be starting university studying for a degree in Theoretical Physics.
For a long time, I've suffered memory losses, mental blocks, lack of concentration and focus, frustration, low self esteem and confidence etc as a result of my condition.
Please help
Pete or anybody
Thanks!!!

Dragon

I'm an herbalist (not an MD) and I have a few suggestions for you. I and many of my colleagues have had great success helping people overcome conditions like yours. Some of the basics that we use are aromatherapy, bowel cleansing, relaxing herbs like kava kava, valerian, and lobelia, various relaxation techniques and counselling, to name a few. For more info, I recommend that you see an herbalist or naturopathic doctor in your area. You can also check out some books like "The Three Day Cleanse and Mucusless Diet" and "The School of Natural Healing" by Dr. John R. Christopher. These books describe wonderful and extremely powerful programs for healing the body and I have had great success with them on many patients and on myself as well for just about every condition imaginable. I hope this helps. Happy photoreading!

Dragon,
Do you really mean "neurosis" in the traditional sense? Have you been diagnosed as having a neurosis?

If so, then you have to deal w/ whatever it was that happened 2 yrs. ago when your headaches first started. If your girlfriend dumped you or if you missed out on something special, you have to try to figure out what happened to you then.

A neurosis can be very clinging. I know that i once was going to the hospital to see a man who was very critically ill. After going for a few weeks, i developed a tick in my right eye. I knew it had to do w/ not being able to deal w/ what i was seeing. I stopped going & slowly the tick went away. But, it took months.

To put pressure on yourself to learn PhRing is asking too much of yourself. If you can PLAY w/ this learning experience--maybe. If you can tell yourself it's OK to not have a specific time slot to master it---maybe.

But, looking at your situation and then adding something else is very much to ask. YOu really need to deal w/ your neurosis in a manner that is beneficial to you. Learning PhRing may not be right for you at this time. PLUS, you are attempting to learn it from the book, which is possible to do. But, you are attempting to learn it under stressful circumstances. Do you really want to do that to yourself?

Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life is a very helpful book. Even LS's Natural Brilliance is more helpful to you. ANY of their paraliminals could possibly help you.

Somehow, you are ingnoring your neurosis as if it is to be a part of your life forever. Maybe you are already doing things for it & just didn't mention it in your post. I hope so.

IF YOU DO ATTEMPT TO LEARN PhRing from the book PLEASE PRETEND YOU ARE JUST PLAYING AND THAT YOU DON'T CARE WHEN YOU LEARN IT. A LITTLE HERE A LITTLE THERE AND THINK ABOUT L-A-Y-E-R-S-

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited June 22, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited June 22, 2001).]

Dragon,
I think it's good that you want to learn PRing. However, you do need to change your approach. Don't start doing something fearing you won't make it. It doesn't help a bit. Instead use your imagination. See yourself calm and happy, using PR for your studies and having enormous success with it. Feel that you can do it. Believe in yourself. You've got the equipment. Only your belief and habits are stopping you. (Good news: They're changeable! )

About your problem with neurosis: You should definitely try meditation. If, for some reason you can't or don't want to meditate fear not. Autosuggestion and visualization may be very helpful to you. I think you should start using them right away, today. There are also chinese methods like 6 healing sounds and inner smile meditation, which may be of great help. Yoga can't hurt. Or exercises '5 Tibetans'. What I've listed here are all methods for physical/emotional/mental/spiritual growth and they all originate from east. Some of them are done with your mind only (like meditation, visualization andinner smile) while others egage your body too (yoga, 6 healing sounds, '5 Tibetans').

These are the methods I use (obviously not at the same time, but depending on situation/mood/urge etc.), which means I do have experience (it's not only book knowledge). If you'd like me to recommend some books to you, please ask.

Homeopathy and Bach therapy are two 100% natural methods, which can help you a great deal. Their power is indisputable, and so are they results. I do not know if these remedies are expensive in USA, but alopathic medications for conditions like yours are the most expensive (because they don't help and most of them make matters worse, simply because they treat condition instead of person). If you can find someone who practices one of these healing methods talk to him. You might not decide to go for it, but you'll learn a lot.

If you have any questions about anything I posted (or did not post and you think I can be of help), do not hesitate to ask, whether on this forum or e-mail.

Hi Dragon,

I don't know if this is of any help to you but I suffer from bad headaches and anxiety too and the three things that have helped me more than anything else are the following:

1. Learning a relaxation technique (do two or three times a day for 20 minutes each time). It sounds like a lot of time to devote to it and it can take a few weeks to produce positive effects but it can really help. The regularity with which you practise seems to be the important thing, even if you do it for 10 minutes instead of 20.

2. Drinking a lot more water (2-3 litres (I think that's about 2-3 quarts)) and taking a small amount of unrefined sea salt every day. This is based on the work of Dr Fereydoon Batmanghelidj. There are some instructions and cautions surrounding the use of water and salt for curative reasons, so please check out the following web sites for Dr F Batmanghelidj's water cure:
http://www.watercure.com/

and
http://www.watercure2.com/

3. Giving up anything with caffeine in it - that includes tea, coffee, sodas, caffeinated spring water, chocolate, coffee-flavoured things (such as cappuccino yoghurt, some brands of which contain caffeine), etc.

You have to give up caffeinated stuff slowly, otherwise you'll get a vicious caffeine-withdrawal headache (I do, anyway, and so do a lot of people who give it up too suddenly). Check out Stephen Cherniske's site - he wrote a book called Caffeine Blues:
http://www.caffeineblues.com/

In his book, Cherniske argues that caffeine plays a very large part in anxiety problems and headaches (tension, migraine, etc.), as well as ADD and other things.

Anxiety and headaches have formed a large part of my life and I have found that these three strategies have helped me without forcing me to make too many huge changes all at once. They have been a good starting point for me, anyway.

All the best,

Rhoda

Sorry Dragon - I can't find the Caffeine Blues web site anymore from the url I gave you but some of the info. is at the following address:
http://www.oasisnetwork.com/_Products/caffeineblues/author.htm

Good luck!

Rhoda

Mtt Offline

I seem to be having the same problem as Dragon. My brain wave state seems to be at beta everytime I try to learn something new. It's frustrating not to be able to learn as efficiently and effortlessly like when I was a kid. It feels like a big mental block. Oh well! Hopefully, things will get better.

Hi,

Here is again the nlp point of view.

To make it simple, there are only two ways to feel anxious:
1) to see unconsciously something that causes the anxious feeling
2) to hear unconsciously something that causes the anxious feeling.
There simply are no more ways. I'm the latter type myself, whenever I feel anxious, I know that my self-talk is causing the feeling. To make it simple again, the way to deal with negative voices is to move them somewhere else and make them sound nicer or even ridiculous. If you happen to be the first type, simply throw away your internal images. I have posted a longer descriptions here: http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000442.html

Of course your problem is first to create a state without any anxiety. And then start to notice what REALLY is going on in your head. Here's how:
Remember a time when you felt really great, maybe laughed, had not a single worry. Surely you must have felt great at least once in your life!?? Just remember it and associate into the feelings. Where in your body do you feel the best feeling. Take a moment to recognise the feeling. Now, where does the feeling start form? Your belly, your chest, shoulders, feet,...? Where ever it stats from, follow the feeling, where does it got to? You see, to feel something the feeling has to move, otherwise the nerves don't recognise anything. Anytime you have a feeling, it is sure to move somewhere in your body. Just recognise where your great feeling is moving. Follow it and notice the point where it is about to leave your body. AND HERE comes the COOL part: take the feeling and move it back to where it started from!! Feels even more great, doesn't it?! Make the feeling go through your body and back to the starting point continuously. Make it go even faster! Double the speed! Double the feeling! Double it again! And again! And again!... And FEEL SO GREAT THAT you never imagined you could feel soooooo great!!!

The exercise above is a simple way to give the mind another direction. It seems to me that now you are more directed towards your anxiety, which you don't want. Anybody can give you advice to "not to think about the anxiety", but... what to think instead? This exercise is how to do it. And I must say, that it is not the only way, but it is one of the best. Go ahead and play with your great feelings!! Go ahead and do it!

Be well, -purjo

Here's a link where Paul McKenna describes one way to enhance good feelings... This and the exercise above can even be combined... ... and the result literally BLOWS YOUR MIND!!! (without any drugs) http://www.mckenna-breen.com/mindrobics1.html

I used to have have tension headaches quite a lot. I'm happy to report that I han't had a single headache for over 4 month!!
Here's how I did it:

1.)Changed my eating habbits. I work out 3 days a week and I eat more meals throughout the day, but less food. I quit eating before bed, and I started drinking lots and lots of water about 8-9 glasses a day.

2.)I changes my attitudes towards things. was just fed up getting fustrated about things that wern't even that important. I was just blowing them way out of proportion.

3.)I have been studying hypnotherapy for about a year and have done self-hypnosis. That has helped me a great deal in calming myself down. Or you could practice meditation regularly. There both basically the same anyway. What I've learned from hypnotherapy is that every thing that your body is doing is for a specific purpose and wether you think so or not your unconcious believes it's doing a good job. It may not be the outcome you want, but there is a direct purpose for that outcome. Your unconcious needs to have more choices in behavior. That's what a hypnotherapist can do. They can help by offering suggestions to the unconcious so instead of the headache responce something else can happen, but you have to give it choices. Headaches can be greatly helped by doing some form of self-hypnosis or meditation. It's helped me out in many area's. It helps to balance things out.

4.)I have sleept soundly every night using hemi-sync. The title is "Super Sleep" and there is a bunch more programs that the Monroe Institute offers. I got it at www.hemi-sync.com I started using it and I got immediate results in using there products.

After doing a few of those things I have never been happier. I didn't even realise it until about a week ago and I thought to myself, when was the last time that I had a headache and I couldn't remember I only knew that I have been in a better mood overall and have been more healthy. Well, I know you will find a solution to your problem and I know your unconcious can learn and make new choices for you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved