Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21900 06/29/01 06:14 PM
BlkWolf Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello all,
Well, I just wanted to post to you all my progress and perceptions so far in the PR home course. Please feel free to correct me anywhere you feel that my understanding and expectations are straying from the course of success.

I have noticed some physical queues while going through the tangerine visualization and relaxation to reach the photofocus state. As my vision expands, I feel a tingling from the top of my temples back to the flat part on the back of my head. This feeling is within the skull itself. I didn't see anyone else make reference to this physical feeling so I thought I would throw that out to see if any others have had similar experiences. To me, this has become an indication that I am approaching/reached the photofucus state.

I went through the course the first time very quickly. I will be going through it in greater detail this weekend spending the time to focus on the execersizes and details of the course. From what I have gathered from the process, everything from preview, PR, activation and mind mapping are all execercizes to develop the minds way of receiving and organizing the information it sees. Its like doing physical training to condition the body for the physical ultimate desired physical feats. No one won a gold metal in the Olympics doing jumping jacks or pushups, but it was these physical exercise which provided their bodies with the agility and stamina to accomplish the greater goals. I see this home course in the exact same light. The ultimate goal for myself is spontaneous activation and learning of material. I can provide my brain with the tools it needs to eventually obtain those goals by the process laid out in the PR home course.

Could I ask for confirmation of this understanding from one of the instructors? I want to make sure that my expectations and goals are realistic and properly focused.

Thank you for your time,

BlkWolf

#21901 06/29/01 08:50 PM

Blk Wolf,

You are right on track! Realistic, achievable goals, measurable and testable.

Conditions of a well-formed goal:

1) Stated in positive terms.
2) Within your control.
3) Preserves the present positives.
4) Measurable & testable.
5) Worthwhile.

Master Formula of Attainment:

"You may have anything you want, provided that you know exactly what you want, want it hard enough, confidently expect to obtain it, persistently determine to obtain it, and are willing to pay the price for its attainment."

Your first step to mastering PhotoReading is first mastering the basics. This happens the quickest when you do the whole process, all 5 steps on 5-7 books. Fully activate each one until it all "gels" and you have full comprehension.

Tell us all about your experiences with books you've PhotoRead so far.

#21902 06/30/01 03:43 PM
BlkWolf Offline OP
OP Offline

Dana,
Thank you for your time in response to my questions. The confirmation provided has helped greatly.

PR books read so far:

Well, I am still in an infant state of the process. I am taking it easy on my self and over expecting results. What I have noticed about the process makes very good sense to me. To me, one of the most important steps in success of this process is the the Preview. While schiming through the text, the act of previewing the book, you are (to use computer terms) preallicating memory needed to store and organized the information to come. The words you write down are 1> in order as they will be found, 2> markers for the subcontious mind to trigger off of. (Alas I struggle with the "to much attention to detail" situation)

I have difficulty clearly establishing my goals. Its rather surpising stumbling block. I see the importance in it, but trying to define a the information I want from the reading, I find myself not wanting to review over and over and over again, so my goal defined becomes far to broad and unfocused.

The Focus does not seam to be a difficulte state to obtain. I am trying to use the flower as the trigger to the state.

The PR itself is something that will take more practace. I have gone through 4 books up to that point. Its the activation I am working on next.

Activation, now that's where I need to get out of my way. I find myself (having a to broad goal) dipping in far to much.

Over all, I am in the infent stages. I am going through the tapes again, and again if needed. I will get this.

Blkwolf

#21903 07/03/01 03:57 PM

Keys to keep in mind:

1. Activate your book in 30-45 minute sessions. The time contraint prevents you from over-dipping, because you have to get through your material from beginning to end in each pass.

2. Build comprehension from whole-to-parts. Structure first, and increasingly more detail as you go.

3. One pass through the home study tapes is enough. Then, start PhotoReading and activating. It all comes together when you PhotoRead and fully activate 4-5 books of your own that you haven't read yet, until they "gel".

#21904 07/04/01 01:14 AM

Does this mean that you should superread the entire book in each 30 minute activation session? I am having some trouble here as I try to get what I want out of the book by superreading about 25% of it in a 30 minute session. That gives more time for dipping. I do four sessions - one on each 25% of the book, but from what I'm seeing here, that is not the correct approach. It does not incorporate the layering idea. I thought the tapes said to superread whatever part of the book you are drawn to. Can you clarify this? I think it is my last stumbling block.

#21905 07/07/01 09:10 PM
BlkWolf Offline OP
OP Offline

Update:
I have photoread several books now, I am working on activating them one at a time. I have successfully actived only one book so far. What I am finding is a a difficulting in two fields. 1> Maintining in the excelerated learning state while super reading and dipping and 2> Maintaining my perfial focus.

I am finding that I begin super reading and dipping very well for the first 2 to 5 pages, after that, my focus begins to narrow and I start to over dip.

At this point, I am still working on the basics. They have not come without effort, but have shown themselves to be obtainable with work and determination. As all skills go, this to is taking time to develop.

Dana, I will post again once I have Actiaved my first 5 books and feel that I have a good, solid handle of the basics. From there, on to the next step.

jstew:
My understanding of your question is yes, each activation should be no more then 30 minutes. Point that I understand in this is, when learning, prepair to activate a book several times before it "gels". This means that you go through a book 3 or 4 each within 30 minute periods. Each time, a greater understanding of the matieral will be gotten. The long term goal is to reduse the amount of time it takes to activate a book, to the desired point of spontainious activation.

Im right there with you jstew. I find it VERY hard to keep that point in mind. I want results and I want then now. I have to bring myself back time and time again in the understanding, true skills takes true time. AKA, NOPS.

Take care all, back to the hunt,

BlkWolf

#21906 07/10/01 02:27 PM

The Mind Probing questions help you stay in the flow state longer. And it gets easier as you activate more books.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved