Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21946 07/02/01 10:40 PM
Gloria Offline OP
OP Offline

As a beginner using PR can i use the 5 day plan on more than 1 book at a time, say do three book in this method over the 5 day period.

Would this be too much for a beginner to do?

#21947 07/04/01 05:12 AM

ofcourse you can.
just pr and activate as much as you feel comfortable in the time you wish to devote to reading the books. the purpose of the plan is to compare the results of the first 5 days with the second 5 days period and notice what you gained compared to normal reading. so just have fun with it. in hebrew there's an old saying which i'll translate : "ye caught alot- ye caught nothing" so my point is:
devote how much time you want to devote, which you'll know you'll manage to achieve your goles without stressing yourself away from it. your purpose now is to notice the experience. and if you won't finish your reading you will finish all your reading at a later time.
hope this helps

Raanan Hadar

#21948 07/04/01 12:53 AM
Gloria Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for that.

Being a beginner and and living in Australia
makes learning this difficuilt as there are not many people that know of PR and how it works.Ive been looking at this forum for over three weeeks now and it is great for asking questions and bouncing ideas around.

#21949 08/12/01 07:02 AM

Gloria!

Hey I am a beginner PhR and live in Australia too! I recently posted a message entitled 'PhR in Australia' asking if there were any others out there! I would be interested in hearing your story on how you came to be a photoreader.

I am a med student studying at Flinders in Adelaide. I have been very frustrated with my medical studies so far because there is so much to learn, so much I want to learn and yet so little time. I also have an interest in medical education so was doing some research into 'the best learning strategies for medical students' when I came across the LSC website and heard about photoreading. And 'cos I was at Desperation point, I went ahead and ordered the home study course even though it cost me an arm and a leg in AU$. I am still working through it - so I don't have any wild and wonderful stories about spontaneous activation - yet!

Hope to hear back from you soon!
p.s. What exactly is the '5-day plan'? I haven't come across that yet.

#21950 08/13/01 03:02 AM
Gloria Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Prynecska

I live in Sydney, and like you I also bought the cource from Life Tools in Sydney as I have just had a job change and have become a facilitator for my company. Im currently trying to do two diplomas work and take care of a family which cosists of a daughter, husband and dog. So you can see that I have very little time on my hands for reading lengthy material. I have only had one case of spontanious activation during my learinging period which would be nearly two months now but i am getting the hand of normal activation and the photo reading process. I must say that it has increases my ablilty to go through reading materials much quicker but I have not reach the "gel" stage in any books that I have photoread.
The 5 day plan is located in the photo reading book near the end (sorry I dont have the book on me or else I could give you the page number)and it is a good way to get all the techniques learnt to into a sequence.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved