Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#22153 07/19/01 06:13 PM

One thing I forgot to mention in a previous post on this thread.

When I read text books, I said i take 1 minute to prepare. That is the maximum time it takes me to get into state for superreading and dipping. I forgot to include the time it takes me to prepare the mind map for detail at the end of my superreading session. I try to do this in less than 5 minutes before I start the first superreading session for that chapter.

Just to make this a little clearer:
activate (each chapter treated as a seperate text book)- 30 minute sessions as follows:
A. prepare a mind map sheet (around 5 minutes)
B. get into state (less than 1 minute)
C. super read and dip (20 minutes)
D. mind map from memory with the book closed (around 5 minutes)
E. break (5 minutes)
F. repeat C through E until the chapter "gells" with 15 minute breaks between every third activation session
G. when the current chapter "gells", restart at A above with the next chapter that interests me.

I try my best to stick to the 30 minute time limit but sometimes go over or under by a minute or two. It doesn't seem to matter as long as I stick pretty close. I know from experience that if I allow my conscious mind to extend the 30 minute time limit to say 40 minutes or more then my sub-conscious mind rebells by subverting my attention during the superreading and dipping. My mind starts wandering all over the place and I start day dreaming. So I have learned that I need to stick to the time schedule for my own maximum benefit.

As always I hope this helps,
Gregory

#22154 07/19/01 07:47 PM

WOW, Gregory the way you described your "sessions" is how I eventually started to do it. I also kinda move side to side when I superread. Its comforting to know that it is working for someone else as well. I am still playing with it, but I am starting to get comfortable with PR and its all beginning to come together.

#22155 07/20/01 09:48 AM
OP Offline

Gregory,
with you here I'm beginning to wonder whether I need to spend any cash at all to learn this skill. Keep posting!

Paul Scheele drives a nice enough car already, I'm sure.

I haven't got a car at all!

John

(HEY, maybe the prosperity paraliminal is working for me right now!!!)

#22156 07/20/01 12:53 PM

Hi John,
I will assume you were joking about learning PR solely from this bulliten board (though you probably can I wouldn't recommend it). Just in case you were serious, I strongly recommend that at the very least you spend the money to get the book. I think that the best way to learn the system is with the home study course. The fee for the course is a small investment in yourself that I highly recommend. It will pay for itself over 100x's during the rest of your life.

As always, you're welcome to do as you wish and if you have further questions keep asking.

Gregory

#22157 07/20/01 01:29 PM
OP Offline

Hi there Gregory!
Yesm I was joking of course, but there is a hint of truth there. To be serious (just for once ), I thinks posts like yours can assist tremendously when learning. Of course, I'm getting myself a copy of the book, just to get started, and if I feel the need I'll get the homestudy course in a month or two. I can see myself doing that.

I've spent most of this day at work surfing the net. I'm so bored with work and so interested in other things that I just can't help it. Luckily, I'm in management, so sometimes I can just tell people what to do, while I am doing what I should not do myself. No problem, most of the time. Anyway, I gone through lots of threads on this DF and it's really beginning to dawn upon me that Paul Scheele could very well be what Win Wenger refers to him as in "The Einstein factor": a genius. I'm enjoying measurable results from his other courses, and with people like yorself providing so many testimonials that photoreading works too, I'm getting SO confident it will work for me too!!! So I'm big time excited to get started.

(And big time bored with this job! Actually, I have resigned. )

Well, half an hour, and I'll be going home. Keep posting to help it move along as quickly as possible, guys!

J.

#22158 07/20/01 06:52 PM

Hey John,
boredom at work is a dangerous thing...
I have found that if I continue to try to improve myself and my knowledge and ability to help people, it helps keep the interest and enthusiasm alive. My dad told me a while ago that no one is really competeing (sp) against others in business or sports. They are actually competeing against themselves to become better. I had my doubts at the time he told me that but I believe him now based on my own recent experiences. Sometimes I get bored too .

This DF has been an invaluable resource for me and I wouldn't be doing as well with PRing as I am now if this DF wasn't available. It's a great system.

Good luck with your new employment or career whatever may come. Find something you enjoy doing and find a way to make it pay for you. What would you like to do?

I will be here on and off. If I feel I can contribute something I will . If you have a question ask me, I'm glad to help anyway that I can. If you can read, you can learn the system.

Gregory

#22159 09/24/01 07:01 PM

lets say i have an exam in 7 days from today, and i just received the PR course. Is it possible to learn to PR, apply the techniques and PR the material and have it all stored in your head so that confidently by the day of the exam all the information is in your head? is it safe to take the chance to learn and experiment with PR right before the exam? what i mean is are my chances of passing the exam greater if i learn to PR within 7 days or just study the conventional way? i dont know if i should risk the time to learn only to find out it doesnt work by the day of the exam

#22160 09/24/01 10:10 PM

Mateo:
IMHO, I wouldn't risk it. I would study the conventional way. It takes awhile to see the results that one expect. Plus you must remain in an relaxed state. Having a lot to read and in so little time will create a tremendous amount of stress in which you would fail miserably. Not is not the time to risk a passing grade on something that you have not perfected yet. Start implementing PR when there is no deadline or exams to prepare for. Once you have the system down and tailored to you, then by all means, "Go For It"!!!.

#22161 09/24/01 10:17 PM

Excuse my spelling "Not should be Now". Trying to type as fast as I think!!!

#22162 09/26/01 03:43 AM

Hey Chris,
you can have my pr course. i'll only charge you $100.

Sad to say, it didn't work at all for me. Now I rely solely on paraliminals and image streaming.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved