Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22235 07/19/01 07:53 PM
kmg526 Offline OP
OP Offline

I am starting the MCSE exams and I just wanted everyone to know that I am exclusivly using the PR system. I will inform everyone how I am progressing as time goes on. I was very curious if it would work on these types of exams when I first started. I know there are alot of people wondering the same thing as I did, and no one really had tried it at the time to inform others. So that is what I am going to do. Bear with me I do the same system as Gregory does, I am just newer to the system, and haven't perfected my own technique. But I am going for it.

#22236 07/19/01 10:33 PM

MSCE? God, what a horribly expensive exam. What elective exams are you taking?

Remember, with those kind of technical books, it's best to do a mind map for every chapter; there are so many new concepts. You'll need probably 60 or more activation sessions; those study guides are huge. Covering the whole book in 45 minutes... you can only afford to spend seconds on each page. Use Memory Supercharger, Personal Genius, and if you have it, the PhotoReading activator tape. You can even use Dream Play if you wanna. You could program yourself to attend a lecture on whichever MSCE exam you're currently focusing on, or you could take a walk with the author of the book and ask him questions about the material; particularly, what you need to know to pass the exam AND what you need to know to perform in the IT field. You could also activate one chapter at a time, or maybe one part at a time, since that's usually how those books are divided. Since the chapters in a part have things in common (you would think), you could do a mind map for each part. It's up to you. Hopefully Dana will follow up with additional tips and insights.

#22237 07/19/01 11:03 PM

Perfect response, bubbles.

Have one activation session on the entire book, so you get to know a bit about each chapter. Then, spend your 30-minute activation sessions on each chapter, one at a time. Cycle all of the activation techniques until each chapter "gels."

If you are comfortable with the PhotoReading process, you will make large strides learning your exam material by using the PhotoReading step and the "Direct Learning" process. It shows you how to "non-consciously" activate new skills and behaviors directly into your conscious mind bypassing the Activation steps. It is ideal for learning complex material in the shortest amount of time.

[This message has been edited by Dana Hanson (edited July 19, 2001).]

#22238 07/20/01 12:51 AM
kmg526 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the affirmation. I have been doing that exact same thing. One chapter at a time until it gels. You are also right, that it is taking several 30 min. sessions to get the material to gel. And as of now, I have only gelled the first chap.-- I only started yesterday. So, all in all its going good. One chapter every day or two, and with 11 chapters in this book, roughly 2 weeks to read the book and be familiar with it, that is pretty good for this type of exam and especially when I don't really know anything about it and being a somewhat beginner at PR. Its enough knowledge to use towards the next book on this same exam(synoptic). I don't have any of the cassettes as of yet, but next month I am ordering those same exact ones. Looks like I am on my way. Thanks you guys are awesome.

#22239 07/20/01 07:53 PM

Also get Prosperity - it's the best tape there is.

#22240 07/26/01 03:38 AM

Hi Dana,

It is with great interest that I read your posts on the subject of the PR process as I find your explanations to be very precise and above all practical. Every now and then I'll have an "aha" experience. Thanks dude.

Would you please expound a bit more on the "direct learning" process. That is, what's the quickest and most effective way of developing this skill? How long before I can gain a high level of proficiency in it? Is it anything like the nlp term "Modeling?"

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
Perfect response, bubbles.

Have one activation session on the entire book, so you get to know a bit about each chapter. Then, spend your 30-minute activation sessions on each chapter, one at a time. Cycle all of the activation techniques until each chapter "gels."

If you are comfortable with the PhotoReading process, you will make large strides learning your exam material by using the PhotoReading step and the "Direct Learning" process. It shows you how to "non-consciously" activate new skills and behaviors directly into your conscious mind bypassing the Activation steps. It is ideal for learning complex material in the shortest amount of time.

[This message has been edited by Dana Hanson (edited July 19, 2001).]

#22241 07/27/01 02:19 AM
J Offline

I'm studying for the A+ exam by photoreading computer screens. I just pretend I'm a robot staring at the screen absorbing everything as I page up/down. I think belief is one of the most important aspects of photoreading, so I just tell myself it's working with lots of affirmations. I plan on skimming over the material and using the photoreading activator paraliminal as well. Good luck with your MCSE.

#22242 09/24/03 02:06 PM

Sorry to drag this old post up, but it's very useful to me, as MCSE is what I'm studying for.

The advice given on how to approach mcse study guides is very beneficial.It'll help me a lot because I've been wondering recently how to use my study guides effectively using the PR system.

Does anyone know how kmg526 got on with his studies?

If anyone knows, can they let me know.

Thanks a lot!

#22243 09/24/03 02:11 PM

You bring back the good ones flex22.

I don't think many people use the archive. This week alone I must have read 30 threads from the archives. All of them over at the SFQ forum.

Just because it's not on the current 25 list, doesn't mean its not here. Gee, there are lots of great people that don't post anymore. That doesn't mean we can't learn from them.

I usually learn three good things for every one I go looking for. (Talk about pulling BS numbers out of the air). I do learn more than I expect when I go searching.

Sending love,
Iam2

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited September 24, 2003).]

#22244 09/24/03 02:21 PM

I found this thread by searching "affirmation," which you said to look for in another thread.

If it wasn't for that, I would have missed these vital pieces of information which will help me with my study guides.

Thanks Iam2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved