Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

...begin carving out "instant recall" new neuro-pathways with this process:

- ask a friend about the last book they read inside and out, that they know the contents really well, that you have not read yet.

- you: Prepare/Preview/PhotoRead that book. Do all the techniques in each of those steps.

- craft your closing affirmations for instant recall, such as: "I am curious at to how many ways my mind and body can provide this information to me at a conscious level."

- wait at least a half an hour. (preferably the next day, after a sleep session)

- have your friend ask you questions about the book. Be aware of all and any small subtle indicators, intuitive signals, etc, that your mind is providing you information at a conscious level.

- be as descriptive as possible about those ideas, images, signals going through your conscious mind.

- post your results here!

A couple things:

- resist the temptation to beat yourself up if you don't see results right away. Information may spontaneously activate later in your day, or during a dream session.

- remember, when you ask your inner mind for information, it continues searching for the answer even after you give up hope. For example, when you don't remember someone's name until the next morning. So, reframe "I can't remember" to "I don't recall yet"

Even better, re-ask that very same question outloud to yourself, stepping back to allow your inner mind to furnish the answer to you consciously.

[This message has been edited by Dana Hanson (edited January 29, 2003).]

pretty cool

- resist the temptation to beat yourself up if you don't see results right away. Information may spontaneously activate later in your day, or during a dream session.

- remember, when you ask your inner mind for information, it continues searching for the answer even after you give up hope. For example, when you don't remember someone's name until the next morning. So, reframe "I can't remember" to "I don't recall yet"

I agree with Dana on the above statement. Just this past Saturday, I went into a music store at the mall looking for this jazz guitar artist new cd. Now take it, I own many cd's from this artist but, I couldn't remember his name so I didn't buy the new cd. I gave up trying to remember who he was.
About three to four hours later while at home, his name came to me out of the blue, "Chuck Loeb". So the unconcious mind will continue to work on searching for the information long after you have requested it.

Hi!
I tried what Dana suggested. Found a book (A case of need by Michael Chricton), did the prepare, preview,photoread parts and after waiting for 24 hrs I asked my friend to ask me a few things.
I was pleasantly surprised. I answered correctly in many questions (my answers in brackets) : in which city and country is the story placed (Boston , US); Did character X have a lawyer? (Yes, a black lawyer); what is the race/nationality of character X? (Chinese); how did character X end up in the hospital? (went to bad neighbourhood and got beaten up)

I noticed that whenever I gave an instant or almost instant answer that was when I got most think right.
So unless I was so lucky or so many coincidences took place, I proved myself once again that this technique actually works :-)

George

[This message has been edited by Yiorgos (edited November 22, 2001).]

OP Offline

A note to bring this thread up front again, and a reminder anyone can do this!

thanks Dana!!!

I'm 98% through the home study course, and Im going to try your suggestions right away.

The only Aha I have so far is some encouraging dictionary game results. Im noticing the way the answer comes up and the feelings I have when I get the right answer.

So Im looking forward to having the whole system work for me fully!

Thanks

Majella

Administrator
Administrator

Yes it really is a good way to activate a book.

Alex

Thanks a lot Dana! This is pretty cool. I've been meeting with another fellow here in Sitka who has bought the PR course awhile back and is now using it to learn his ancestral language. We've found the tips here quite helpful.

since this is such an helpful thread, i post here to bring it to live again...

I m going to try this right away.

Hey i found this thread during a search. It looks pretty interesting. I was wondering if anyone else tryed this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved