Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22284 07/20/01 05:49 AM
OP Offline

First off... Let me start by saying I am very much a supporter and believer in all of LSC's products... I think that this is all some great stuff and I hope to have more oppurtunities to try it all out in the future...

But...

As I go through these forums, it seems a commonly asked question is "Why can't we get these materials on CD instead of Cassette?"

And the answer usually tends to be something to the effect of... "We're working on it, but it takes time..."

How much Time/Effort/Cost could possibly be involved with getting out the master recordings and burning a master CD and implementing a CD version for all of them...

Even if it's a matter of old inventory needs to be sold also, well you could sell the older inventory at 10% discount and sell the CD versions at full price... or just make it an option...

It seems ridiculous to me that a company which is on the cutting edge of Learning and NLP technology would still be in the early 80's with it's production techniques.

I don't mean to flame here... I really don't... but come on... Tape is old and outdated... and CD are "now" CD's are, in my oppinion, "THE" way to do this.

*#*##*#*#**#*#*#*#*#**#*#*#*
And while we are on the topic... has anyone tried to copy the tapes to CD??? (for personal use only of course) if so, what application, equipment did you use and (for the LSC people) would there be any obsticals to doing so... provided that the stereo mix is maintained that is...

I ask because the idea occured to me to simply burn the tapes to CD's that I could take with me (instead of taking the tapes...)

Thank you

#22285 07/20/01 09:39 AM

Jai, I can emphatize. So many times I've been irritated over the fact that most personal development programs come on tape and not CD. But you know what? They made me dust off my old tape deck, and now I've gotten so used to playing tapes that it just doesn't bother me. I just let it be okay, seriously. I did, however, just get myself the Natural Brilliance course on tapes and CD's, the reason for that mainly being the fact the I can more easily play around with the tracks "FEEL THE POWER"-style(if you are familiar with that most interesting and fun group of threads which ran a little while ago.) I've found the NB Generator to be magnificently produced, but I can't seem to get really "deep" with it, so I'll use most of the Deep Relaxation paraliminal as an intro for it. That one gets me REALLY deep, and I think it reduces my need for sleep also. Using this tape daily before sleep, I've slept less than four hours the last three nights, and today I feel excellent, I'm not tired at all, and can function just as well as I normally do. I've become a big fan of that paraliminal, which is funny, because when I first came across these things, I put it pretty far down the list of paraliminals I wanted to try. Then I thought, 'well, it's only $14.95, what the heck, I'll get it with the other stuff.' It's a very valuable tool. Anyway, we'll see how it works in conjunction with the NB generator! It'll be my first experiment with these types of things, but there'll be more, for sure. Brian649 seems to be having lots of fun with it, and he's inspired me quite a bit to do some exploratioon on my own.
Sorry, I'm really digressing here, the main point was in fact: Tapes or CD's: for me, I laugh at myself for getting irritated over a small thing like that. I'm not suggesting that you do, Jai, I can only speak for myself. You do seem to be quite relaxed about it , and you do have a valid point.
One thing that matter to me: when travelling, CD's take up a lot less space than tapes. With the paraliminals that are the 'same both sides' you should be able to put three on one CD. That's leaves more space for that whole stack of books you're going to photoread on the plane or bus or whatever. I'm addicted to travelling myself, so that's really an issue for me, have a laugh at my expense if you want.

Then again, should a be so dependent on these things that I bring them with me while travelling?

Hmm.

Johns

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved