Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22316 07/23/01 12:51 AM
kyo Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey guys what's shakin'? Well I'm curious about the chanting during photoreading. Some say that you can do nursery rhymes or whatever you want, as long as you keep your conscious mind busy so it's not driftin on ya, but i was wondering.....could you play a song (on the computer next to you for instance) that you know well enough to recite the words easily while photoreading? That would keep your mind busy right, as you are relaxed because you probly enjoy the song anyway. Or maybe you could use a relaxing song that brings relaxong images to your mind. I'm 16 years old and I just started about a month ago on the personal learning course. Man, from what ya'll are shoutin', i'm sure glad i gotta hold of this thing now. Check ya later!

#22317 07/23/01 03:00 AM

Yo' Kyo,
Dude, you are so stoked! If you, being 16, are in the process to stretch and expand your gray matter in this way, I can only imagine what depths of understanding you will have when you reach my age. (31)

I am actually pretty interested as well about your question. I know that when I listen to talk radio or music I find that my reading skills go. I know that my mind gets distracted quite well with the audio. I am not sure about the better of the two. (to listen to music or not) This is my take.

My instincts tell me that listening to music while in the PR part itself (step 3) is not as beneficial as if you where reminding yourself of what you are in the process of trying to accomplish.

I am taking the advice o'Pete and go through 2 months of 5-10 books a day, Activating 1/week. I don't preview the book each time. (Let me know if that is correct or not fellow travelers)

When I do this, I don't spend the time focusing on the words, but focus on the feelings and process my mind is going through while PR. I try to hear the words seep from my sub-mind to my internal ears. I remember constantly that I not only want to further develop PR by successfully absorbing the information.

To add music on top of that would to me, be too much of a distraction. However, I could see that after I am comfortable with my skill in the PR process, I would love to kick on some Ministry and just absorb.

Ultimately, the verdict is still out on that one for myself. I would also be interested to see what others thought.

Till then,

BlkWolf

#22318 07/23/01 07:52 PM

The problem is that music can become an excuse for not PhotoReading.
"Geez, I can't PhotoRead this book now, because I don't have my music."

#22319 07/24/01 01:55 AM
kyo Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey fellaz, thanks for the advice! I'm sure glad I asked cuz I was about to pounce on that idea. Oh well. Check ya later!

#22320 07/24/01 10:45 PM

Ministry sounds good to me!!But I will wait until I get more proficient at the system. I only have the book but I don't remember it telling me to keep my conscious mind busy, only to say "Mantras" to yourself to remain focused. I'm 31 too BlkWolf...wish I would have done this 15 years ago..Wow what I could have done.

#22321 07/25/01 02:57 PM

Hey there, (Question for Dana)

Dana, you state within this thread

{The problem is that music can become an excuse for not PhotoReading. "Geez, I can't PhotoRead this book now, because I don't have my music."}

Is that something that could also be said for writing down your questions and keywords? Granted, the writing is directly related to the task at hand so it would definitely help the process (no question there) Question I have is, at what point does that become a crutch? My "feelings" on it is that the writing down is good for further defining and assuring the questions in your mind while learning. It appears to take the place of focusing on your intentions.

I believe that someone can develop the mind skill to a point where writing down the intention won't be a required step, but that skill would have to be developed.

Ideas?

Blk

#22322 07/25/01 03:17 PM

Good question.

After one masters the basics, it seems the first few layers of comprehension come very easily, where you can skip writing down the intention, triggers, and the mind map. Make sure to ask yourself those Mind Probing questions though when you first start to activate.

If you foresee you won't get everything you want in that first 30-minute activation, I strongly recommend scratching up a Mind Map for multiple activation sessions.

#22323 08/11/01 07:00 AM

Hey, Dana. What about Barque music? I have some running the background to help me focus. But, since it activates the right hemisphere, is it in the way? Maybe it's helpful because it also activates the audio memory? Let me know.

#22324 08/13/01 09:13 PM

Yup, helpful. Look in Colin Rose's Accelerated Learning book for a little information. That is what Gary Rebstock, the news anchor spoke of on the free PhotoReading video tape/newsreport.

Just remember, you don't have to have the music going in the background to use PhotoReading.

#22325 08/16/01 04:20 AM

Hey Kyo,
I first learned about photoreading when I was 16, but I did not really apply it much until I was about 17. I am 19 now and I am glad I can use it for college! It really works man, you just have to trust it! Anyway, good luck.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved