Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22335 07/24/01 06:41 AM
OP Offline

Well, I finally did it -I ordered the PR self-study course. After two months of whining about the price, I broke down and spent my PS2 fund on the PR course. It's probably for the best anyway - Tony Hawk won't come out for quite a while yet.

Anywho, does anyone want to share their success stories about PR'ing so I can get pumped up about learning the course? I need some major motivation!!!

Thanks!

Isosceles Jones

#22336 07/24/01 04:26 PM

Hi Isosceles,

Allow me to personally comment on your descision: You made the right choice!! You can't place a price tag on knowledge; as I am sure you already know "knowledge is power" among other things.

You have a big advantage over some of us. You had to forfeit purchasing something you really wanted "PS2", and opted to buy the PR self-study course. This will allow you to take the material very seriously, and definitely follow the steps suggested. Who knows, some day you may even design your own "Isosceles Jones Skate Pro" game... thanks to the knowledge gained from books you PhotoRead.

Have fun,

Alex

#22337 07/26/01 07:36 PM
OP Offline

Thanks Alex!

Well, it's thursday and my Photoreading system isn't here yet... Ya know, I'm only 4 hours from Wayzata - maybe I should have drove down and picked it up! I'm just anxious to get started!

Isosceles Jones

#22338 07/27/01 02:59 AM

Four hours from Wayzata, huh? I'm roughly... four days!

Anyway, I just have to do a little nitpicking here. Knowledge is NOT power; knowledge is POTENTIAL power. You could have all the knowledge in the world, but if you don't do anything with it, what's the point?

#22339 07/27/01 06:21 AM

Bubbbles, I agree totally.

"Knowledge which is not used is same as food which is not digested."

#22340 07/27/01 07:12 PM
OP Offline

You know - I spoke too soon! Yesterday the UPS guy dropped off my PR course at 5pm. I made it throught the first tape and listened to the memory supercharger tape. That memory supercharger is nuts! It freaked me out (in a good way) when I heard all the voices! I actually want to knock off work early so I can listen to it again.

Anyway, the dictionary game didn't go too great - I had tried it before I got the course and nailed 3 out of 5. After tape one, I got 2 near misses and 3 'way offs'.

The one cool thing is that 4 of the 5 words my brain conjured up were almost exactly in the same spot on their respective pages. Neat!

Isosceles Jones

#22341 08/02/01 06:03 AM

hey!!

I just recieved my course yesterday

Had a similar experience with the dictionary "game". off now to 2nd tape tonight

#22342 08/02/01 07:43 AM

Hi, Isosceles,
I didn't buy the tape set as of yet, because I got alot of value out of the book by itself. I helped my girlfriend nail down a biochemistry exam, though I know little or nothing of biochemistry. Then I helped her to create a term paper in a fraction of the time it would ordinarily take her--which got an A grade and the comment "unusually creative"!
On the negative side (I believe in looking at both sides, Isosceles), I didn't have alot of spare energy or enthusiasm to do much reading on my own using photoreading or any other method, I'm sorry to say. That is not a downer on photoreading, of course, unless one believes that Plato's Other Dimension of Infinite Knowledge should be magically brought to one's ken via the photoreading process! Alas!--I'm not into magic!!

best always, amigo,
Mike
moochy_hope@yahoo.com

Isosceles wrote:

Anywho, does anyone want to share their success stories about PR'ing so I can get pumped up about learning the course? I need some major motivation!!!

Thanks!

Isosceles Jones[/B][/QUOTE]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved