Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Rick Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Dana,

It is with great interest that I read your posts on the subject of the PR process as I find your explanations to be very precise and above all practical. Every now and then I'll have an "aha" experience. Thanks dude.

Would you please expound a bit more on the "direct learning" process. That is, what's the quickest and most effective way of developing this skill? How long before I can gain a high level of proficiency in it? Is it anything like the nlp term "Modeling?"

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
Perfect response, bubbles.

Have one activation session on the entire book, so you get to know a bit about each chapter. Then, spend your 30-minute activation sessions on each chapter, one at a time. Cycle all of the activation techniques until each chapter "gels."

If you are comfortable with the PhotoReading process, you will make large strides learning your exam material by using the PhotoReading step and the "Direct Learning" process. It shows you how to "non-consciously" activate new skills and behaviors directly into your conscious mind bypassing the Activation steps. It is ideal for learning complex material in the shortest amount of time.

[This message has been edited by Dana Hanson (edited July 19, 2001).]

Yiour best resource is a copy of the "Natural Brilliance" book, which explains the Direct Learning process in full detail.

Related to the nlp "modeling" technique, it is all about non-consciouly activating new skills and behaviors directly into your neuro-network, bypassing the limited "conscious mind."

Do you have a copy of the "Natural Brilliance" book" Achieving breakthrough in any are of your life you are feeling stuck?

[This message has been edited by Dana Hanson (edited July 26, 2001).]

The Natural Brilliance Book is one of the best books i've ever read and reread and reread

If i had a lot of $$$ i'd put it in every library i could. And, i've done just that w/ PhRing!

Now, I have found a different response to Direct Learning. "Natural Brilliance" states that this can be done by a newer PhotoReader.

The sum of what I got from the book was about mental visualization. I went through the process on the books I have been reading. I don't feel that I have the skills I desired from the material. To further check to see how well I have absorbed the information, I started activating one of the books to see how familiar it was.

Let's just say that I would not go out and spend $250 on my first certification test at this point. It could be that I have not "mastered the basics yet". I feel that I am now a novice to proficient PhotoReader. So what am I missing here?

BlkWolf

It can take up to 30 days for the new skills and behaviors to fully integrate in your system.

For success with Direct Learning, you need:

-the PhotoReading step
-authoritative "how-to" books
-know all the characteristics in your new skill and/or behavior
-outlined steps of the Direct Learning process
-a way to measure and test your new skills/behaviors as they begin surfacing at a conscious level

Thx Dana, I believe in the potential but have not found any foundation in it. Fear not, I am still looking.

Question for you Dana, Are you a successful Direct Learner? (Ex. You can pick up books on application development and go through the process to end up having an understanding of the programming language well enough to design Graphical User Interfaces for client server processes?) What has your personal success been with the process itself?

Give it to me real bro,

and Thx for the time,

BlkWolf

(P.S. This question is open to anyone who wants to respond)

Hi BlkWlf,

Actually, it turns out that I do something more like Direct Learning than Photoreading/activation. Here's one example:

As I was going through the NLP Practitioner Certification classes, I found Photoreading and started PRing all the NLP books I had without activating them. I was PRing 8 to 10 NLP book 2 or 3 times a week.

As time went on, I started noticing that things I was learning in the NLP classes seemed familiar - I tended to have insights into the inner working of what they were teaching that others didn't have, making connections and associations that others didn't see. It was a very subtle and intuitive thing. During the last class, one of my classmates complimented me on how well I had absorbed and integrated the material, she said, "I was thinking that if I had to pick a Valedictorian for our class, it would be you."

Just my experience - your mileage may vary.

Mike

Blk Wolf,

Just as PhotoReading works on all material, the Direct Learning process works with any new skill or behavior.

The last time I used Direct Learning was for doing a complete engine overhaul in my Thunderbird. Since I hadn't overhauled any motors before, I used the Direct Learning process on the Haynes repair manual, which tells you how to basically overhaul the entire car.

What I noticed was, a deep level of flow and focus throughout the complete tear down and rebuild, as if I had done this many times before.

And surprisingly enough, after the motor was back in the car and everything all hooked back up, it started up on the first try! No problems. Adjusted the carburator jets and distributor timing and was finished.

Dana, did it blow your mind? Were you able to just act normal after sitting down & thinking about what happened? Really, i'm serious here.

I have a tendency to just short circuit when something like that happens. Maybe i need to do something about my reaction to the unbelievable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved