Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22529 08/07/01 05:38 AM
MJRS Offline OP
OP Offline

Last year was my first year in college, and even though I earned decent grades through regular reading, it required a great deal of time and by the end of the year, it became oh-so-stressful! Earlier this summer, I saw the infomercial late one night and found it interesting. I thought about it for a couple of weeks and finally decided to order it and give it a try. It has been almost a month now and I think that I basically understand what it is all about, but I am not yet fully confident in my ability to do this. Am I being too hard on myself? More importantly, does this work well in college studies? Even though I have read a few testimonials about it, I am still not fully convinced. Have any of you used it in college successfully? What would you recommend to someone who is planning on trying it in college for the first time? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

#22530 08/07/01 12:44 PM

Hi MJRS,
I would have had a much easier time in colege if I had this resource available when I was syudying.

Do a search in this DF for "text books" and "school". You will come across alot of info that might help you out.

If you use the system in colege you will be light years ahead of your classmates.

Good luck and if you have any more questions just ask.

Gregory

#22531 08/07/01 10:13 PM

Do it all in layers. If you lack confidence, then use PhRing for some course you are good at.

And also be sure to mind map. Use MMing as much as you can for all your lectures & activation. I taught MM to a boy in high school. He graduated at the most improved student in his class. He told me it was all thanks to MM. He continues to use it in college & is graduating early. He thanks me every time he sees me.

#22532 08/08/01 02:09 AM

I am fixing to start college in a week and a half. My mom was getting on me for several months and all through high school about not having proper study habits and how it going to burn me when I get to college(although I had a 3.8gpa). After going through the whole PhotoReading course, I definitely have to agree with my mom that I didn't have any study skills, but thankfully now I can say I feel very prepared for college from learning the course. There are so many beneficial study skills taught in PhotoReading; it should be called PhotoReading/How to Study Course.

#22533 08/08/01 02:48 AM
MJRS Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you all for your replies. I will consider what you have written. Of course, more ideas are certainly welcome. Hopefully there are others out there who can also benefit from this thread.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved