Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

I am in almost the exact same boat as you sdstudent!I have had only one experience with photoreading: I scanned a page pertaining to John Locke and Thomas Jefferson. Then went over it again and me eyes went right to the phrase showing the point I was looking for. Yeah, the dictionary
hasn't really worked for me either

sorry I don't live in San Diego ( I am in Austin, TX.)

SDstudent,

First of all, you have the steps out of sequence. Second, the proper way to manually activate is to craft mind probing questions with your trigger words from your 8-minute Preview, and then begin SuperReading & Dipping, or Skittering & Dipping, so you can begin connecting your conscious mind with where all the material was absorbed in your other-than-conscious mind during the PR step. Build conscious comprehension from whole-to-parts, one layer at a time. Structure first, detail second.

Give me a specific example of a book you want to read, and I'll coach you from there.

Hello Dana,
From your posting up above, I gather that you are saying that you also Dip when you Skitter? I was not aware of that. I thought that skittering was totally separate from Superreading & Dipping. So when I skitter, I am supposed to also dip? Please clarify this if I misinterpreted your post.
Thanks Dana.

OP Offline

Dana,
I Preview by looking at the table of context and asking what I want from this text. For example, I photoread my Molecular Cell Biology about a zillion times. I need all most all of the material from the text especially the material highlighted in the lectures. I have rapid read, dipped and skittered before class and at night. I haven't had the text gel not even a bit. Sometimes, I just get frustrated and read the chapters. I wish I had someone to observe. I am just having a hard time getting this stuff out.

Regards,
SDstudent

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
SDstudent,

First of all, you have the steps out of sequence. Second, the proper way to manually activate is to craft mind probing questions with your trigger words from your 8-minute Preview, and then begin SuperReading & Dipping, or Skittering & Dipping, so you can begin connecting your conscious mind with where all the material was absorbed in your other-than-conscious mind during the PR step. Build conscious comprehension from whole-to-parts, one layer at a time. Structure first, detail second.

Give me a specific example of a book you want to read, and I'll coach you from there.

[This message has been edited by SDstudent (edited September 07, 2001).]

Gapman,

Yup, whether you're SuperReading or Skittering, when you're attracted to a part of the text, stop and Dip.

SDstudent,

Give me a call when you have 5-10 minutes and I'll coach you on how to use PR on your molecular books. 800-735-8273.

SDstudent:
You indicated that you have the Mental Photography course by Subliminal Dynamics. My I ask you a few questions?

1. Did you have any success with the course?
2. Why did you purchase the PRWMS if the Mental Photography course is somewhat the same in the end results?
3. Have you thought of combining techniques from the two? and if so, which ones?
4. What steps or techniques did you find useful with each system, and which ones that you did not?

well?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved