Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22834 08/18/01 09:38 PM
H-HH Offline OP
OP Offline

hi, i recently ordered the photoreading self-study program just for the sake of trying it out.. while i'm waiting for it to arrive, i was wondering if you could help shed some light on this.. maybe i'm missing something....

this is a review of "The Photoreading Whole Mind System" at amazon.com .... this is the gist of it..

The photoreptors on the back of your eye (rods and cones) have a specific density (closeness together). Imagine a whole bunch of circles inside one another (like a target). The closer to the center the more dense. In other words you can't read out of the corner of your eyes because it is your peripheral vision. The density of the rods and cones is not dense enough to be able to read anything more than about 3 inches away from the focal point of what you are reading. It can't hit your subconscience because your senses can't even ascertain the detail needed to capture the details.

Also, i think lespaulsarecool brang up a good point that merely rapid reading a book alone could produce the same results

i'm hoping that someone can help me out with this.. thanks.

Please take a look at the following thread. Paul Scheele himself even posted an answer...
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000891.html

I hope this helps.

H-HH Offline OP
OP Offline

LOL!!

well there ya go.. somebody already commented on this (and exactly one month from today i might add)

kinda freaky

thanks MJRS. i can hardly wait for the program to arrive.. i'm still a bit skeptical, but i'll give it a try

H-HH,
I was a skeptic too, but I was falling behind at work and in my personal life because I could not keep up with everything I needed to read. I am a systems Architect in the Computer field and need to stay on top of a lot of different technologies, I am working on an MBA degree, I need to recertify on a number of computer certifications, I've been taking flying lessons and need to take a few exams for that as well.
Why am I saying all this? Well, after a few months with the Photoreading course I haven't acutally put a lot of effort into PH until recently. After a few weeks of workign with PR I honestly cannot stand to read "normally" anymore as it takes WAY to long! It takes some time to get used to Photoreading. It's a new process to deal with, if you can honestly give it your best effort then it will pay you back. To date I have been able to completely catch up in all of my endeavors and have a number of exams scheduled that will be my testbed for how well I am not only comprehending, but also am remembering the material I am Photoreading. Keep at it. It doesn't come overnight, but if you can put in the effort than Photoreading WILL pay you back!

- Steve

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved