Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jovo Offline OP
OP Offline

So does it? When beginner photoreader PRs several books, will material enter subconsious or photofocus must be perfect to get results?

How many people do you think do it perfect? Not even Pete or Paul do it perfect, but that's not the question.

It's a matter of good, better, and best.

It's difficult to do the PhotoReading step incorrectly.

-enter the accelerated learning state with the "3,2,1 Relaxation Process and Tangerine Technique"
-affirm mastery over the material
-go into photofocus and start flipping those pages in a steady rhythm and comfortable pace
-when you close the book, use the closing affirmations bulleted on pg.51 of the PRB

This is an opportune time to do the "Direct Learning" process. You can use the search function to catch up on other threads describing how to do it.

Jovo Offline OP
OP Offline

OK. Maybe I wasn't precise in my question.

Can newbie blur focus so much that he makes it impossible for subconscious mind to recognize words?

You are not deliberately blurring your vision in the PhotoReading step - you are relaxing your gaze and letting your focal point move a little beyond the book. Yes, the page will most time be slightly blurred and your conscious mind might not recognize the words - that's OK, the you will still absorb the information via the preconscious mind. You might find, eventually, that the text on the page does become clear, due to each eye adjusting it's focal plane to the page and if so, OK...but it is not essential.

Craig M. Parsons-Kerins
-The East Coast Omni-Heurist!

Jovo, try this.

Grab a book, open it, and go into photofocus. All the words are blurry, right. Cover your left eye with your hand and you'll see how each eye is taking in a clear picture separately. For more details, read page 45 of your PRB, which explains the difference between cone vision and rod vision.

Jovo Offline OP
OP Offline

I understand PR process and have been using it for some time now, so I have no problem with photofocus. But, I would like to know answer on my question just to see how the mind works (just curious).

Anyway, I appreciate your effort to help.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved