Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22991 08/24/01 02:30 PM
OP Offline

For some strange reason I'm getting stuck with trigger words. I'm only starting to photoread but no words are particularly 'jumping out' at me. The ones that I've chosen don't seem to help when activating and rapid reading.

Any other advise?

#22992 08/24/01 09:06 PM

1. How many trigger words did you write down when you Previewed your book cover-to-cover for 8 minutes?

2. How many Mind Probing questions did you craft with those trigger words before you began SuperReading & Dipping?

#22993 08/25/01 02:06 PM

um...you are suppose to create mind-probing questions from your trigger words? I have the book, The Photoreading Whole Mind System, and it says to ask questions like: "What is important to me in this book," "What are the main points," "What is in here that will help on tomorrow's test, quiz, etc?"

are you suppose to form more specific questions than that?

#22994 08/26/01 08:26 PM

RE: DANA -- I too was confused when I saw Dana's post concerning crafting mind probing questions from your list of trigger words. I also did not seem to notice that in the course. I will have to go back through that tape again and listen for it. Actually, Dana's advice makes more sense than just using the generic questions in the book. I guess that I am confused on exactly how to formulate the mind probing questions for my specific book. Any more suggestions on this technique Dana?

#22995 08/28/01 05:50 AM

It's becomes easy, really. Try to bear with my wordy explanation.

First, remember to write down all the trigger words you see which seem important in all of the chapter titles, bold print, italicized words, etc, during your 8-minute Preview. Make sure to leaf through the whole book physically cover-to-cover. Looking at the index or table of contents only doesn't stimulate all of your spacial & bodily kinestetic intelligences. At the end of 8 minutes, you have a list of trigger word "candidates" for step 4.

Then, when you begin to Activate, start crafting those questions by reviewing your list of trigger words and and getting curious about what the words mean, how they are all related, how those words summarize what an entire chapter is about, how they are important, how they summarizes specific viewpoints, concepts, meaning, etc. Plug the trigger words into your questions. Then, as you are SuperReading & Dipping, your inner mind begins guiding you to the pages which contain the answers for those questions.

So, after that first and second 30-minute activation session, you can begin branching the chapter-title trigger words on your Mind Map. And you'll continue selecting and adding key trigger words to your Mind Map after each pass.

In time, you'll notice the difference between "structure probing questions" and "detail probing questions." You'll see a generic type of format when you activate more and more books. The Purpose/Outcome statements can change with each book, but the approach you make when you begin activating with the Mind Probing questions stays pretty much the same, just plugging in different key/trigger words and arranging them on your Mind Maps.

And once you get comfortable with it, you'll begin to set your intention to automatically understand the key words while activating.

All of this awaits you while mastering the basics.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved