Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Was wondering what people are telling others regarding their photoreading habits - what 'line' do you use to explain what you are doing?

If I happen to be sitting in a room with others and want to PhR my book, I worry that they are going to want to know why I am systematically flipping through my book page by page. And that I am going to say something like, "Oh, I am allowing my subconscious mind to photograph each page". And then they might laugh me off the planet - I would have done the same if someone had said that to me 6 weeks ago!!

I really only gave PhR a chance because I was desperate. I think I have already benefitted moderately from the system but am hoping for more before I can justify the AUD $700 I spent buying the tapes!! So I don't yet feel ready to tell the world about the wonders of PhR and thus am faced with embarrassment when I am PhR in the presence of family/friends/acquaintances.

Has anyone else ever had this problem??

Don't tell anyone what you're really doing, especially not at Barns and Noble. Just make up a few quick reply's that won't lead to any more questions like "I'm trying to figure out if I read this before, I can't remember." "Just looking to see if this is the book I heard about." Phrases like "I'm looking for something" lead to What are you looking for and things like that.

I had to demonstrate PR to my mom before she would read it. She had this 190 page book about Indians and I previewed and PR'd it in front of her then said "I don't have time today, I'll do it tomorrow" and I came up the next day and rapid read/skittered it in about 35 minutes and she was impressed. Of course she won't know that I cheated till she gets to that part in the book.

WHat do you tell people when you are getting in the ideal state of mind...Thats what I get emabarressed about...especially in front of my girlfriend...also, how do you pr fiction books...like philosophy?

I can't PR if she's in the house. She talks non stop and if I go into another room she interupts me every 5 minutes to tell me something stupid.

You can't avoid study reading Philosophy. Just blast thru the steps quickly so you can get on to rapid reading but still superR and dip every night before sleeping so you'll be likely to process it. The last thing I do in the day impacts how I sleep so I make sure to read something "good."

yeah, m friends are still skeptical and I really don't have the recall ability that I want or activation with internal feelings to guid me to dip, and that andy030 guy seems knowledgable, I think I should ask questions to him.

I'm definately NOT knowledgeable, just very lucky. If activation isn't working then focus on other steps. I went thru all the steps at first but then got away from them and that's when I got stuck. Now the only step I really don't do alot is Rapid Reading. Preview- purpose, trigger words and mind probing questions- are the most important steps. Next is picking the right way of reading for the book you have. You're not going to blast thru the bible but you will for a book on investing or something. Take EVERY question or statement that's in the PR book that deals with purpose and mind probing and answer them for the book you're reading and that will CAUSE the activation. If you skip that you are finished before you start. You can't activate something you haven't set up to be activated and if you don't conciously tell yourself what you want from a book, you're mind (which basically doesn't even want to read, it wants to watch TV, well, mine does at least) will come up with purposes automatically based on old habits, beliefs and past failures- most of which come right from how we did in school.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved