Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

dear paul ,i am a engineering student and i am trying to photoread now .but i dont seem to be getting any results .it seems that i am too concious when i am reading whether i am getting anything or not .my eyes start paining when i photoread the book for some time.and i always keep waiting for the information to come to my concious mind.please help.i want to learn programming and all the reactions and formulas in physics and chemistry also.but i am not having any such experience as i read in the messages posted by other people,like getting it in dreams ,and suddenly getting all the information in my concious mind.i am waiting for all that to happen to me .

I learned shorthand in 2 weeks and now I'm moving on to Spanish. You can't just PR something and then KNOW it you still have to use and remember it.

Instead of wasting time slow reading everything before you go back and study it - do the steps for a few minutes every night - not the actual PR step but superread, dip, or skitter then rapid read and even study read right before you go to bed. The repetition that is FAST and not boring is one of the points of this. If I was still in school I'd definately mind map during class instead of regular note taking. Save regular reading for last. You may only go from having to study a chapter for 4 hours to 2, but you still have to work.

If you can't relax during PRing- take more time relaxing before you read and PR the book upside down and tell your ego to not even try to see anything.

Please tell me how you go about learning this detailed stuff like shorthand and Spanish? I'm fascinated.

Specifically:
What do you activate it with?
What do you mindmap it as?
How do you prepare Spanish lessons?

Lastnight I was wondering if I could teach a bunch of people to do accelerated learning tapes on my languages and we could swap tapes. As with most anything languagebased, group learning accelates the progress.

I listen to foreign language news and PR dictionaries about one a week in my chosen languages. I live in a very anglo saxon area unfortunately so it is hard to find someone who speaks French or German.

I wonder if it is easier to learn several new languages all at once. I would love to experiment with multiple languages and speakers. I think English needs to keep absorbing new words to survive..

quote:
Originally posted by Andy030:
I learned shorthand in 2 weeks and now I'm moving on to Spanish. You can't just PR something and then KNOW it you still have to use and remember it.

Instead of wasting time slow reading everything before you go back and study it - do the steps for a few minutes every night - not the actual PR step but superread, dip, or skitter then rapid read and even study read right before you go to bed. The repetition that is FAST and not boring is one of the points of this. If I was still in school I'd definately mind map during class instead of regular note taking. Save regular reading for last. You may only go from having to study a chapter for 4 hours to 2, but you still have to work.

If you can't relax during PRing- take more time relaxing before you read and PR the book upside down and tell your ego to not even try to see anything.

I basically just PR'd the book and started in on the lessons. My purpose was to make my own way of writing that only I could understand. That's more leverage than just "I want to learn shorthand." I also combined it with easy "EasyScript" - which is basically useless if you don't transcribe your notes into longhand soon- but that's another story.

There are 2 ways to learn shorthand- the old school way or MY way, hehe. I just learned the sounds and pen movements for them. The "right" way is to go thru the most commonly used sounds first and commonly used phrases like "I have" "we are" and things like that and they have special symbols for "an/a" "have" and all sorts of things for short phrases that look EXACTLY like what you would use for another sound. It's the most confusing thing I've ever seen. For instance, the symbol for the words "are, our and hour" are similar to the symbol for the sound R. So on a sheet of paper I wrote the whole alphabet of sounds and next to them EVERY short word or phrase similar to it. It's not a mind map but it's structured alot better than the book. I only learned it 50% the "right" way and 50% what I made up as I went. My "easyshorthand" is just broken english and everything makes alot more sense to me but no one else would ever be able to figure out what I wrote.

With Spanish I'm just doing one lesson a night before going to bed. I'm taking alot more time with it and am not changing anything because I (obviously) want to learn it right. But by PRing the book for some reason everything feels like I've seen it before and I'm able to pick up on it pretty fast. The ONLY reason I'm learning it is because the guy who I'm learning martial arts from is using language analogies all the time. He teaches fighting as if it were a language. Typical self defense is just the "tourist" level of language - "where is the bathroom" "where can I exchange my money" etc- like if someone grabs your neck they teach you 15 responses to it and that's it, everything's broken up. But fighting is a conversation and there's unlimited levels. That's a long story though.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved