Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23420 09/15/01 05:41 AM
OP Offline

Hello. I do really just want to get this tidbit off my chest, though the topic is not really pertinent.

Well, i've had the photoreading whole mind system for a while now. What bought me was the infomercial.

There stood the host quite astounded himself by the lightning speed of photoreading. The photoreader stared into the laptop, his finger rapidly tapping the arrow on the keyboard. The text zooms down. And us the consumer watches in awe their projection on the wall of what all the photoreader saw which was the scrolling down of words at an extremely fast pace.

The photoreader confidently sits there poised and relaxed. The host proceeds to ask him a few questions. The photoreader answers all the questions.

Amazing. Simply amazing.

But...

How?

He did not really do any of the other photoreading steps. There was no activation; there was no preview; There was only Photoreading.

Less than a minute of Photoreading a BOOK's worth of material and context, then answers the questions correctly.

Is this yet... another misleading infomercial? Well, i wouldn't be surprised... that's the world of advertisement for ya.

BTW, i think 90% of the PRmindsystem tapes was composed of the relaxation process in conjunction with tales and stories to motivate rather than the actual PR process.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Search past posts to find out more about what I did.

On the first demonstration I PhotoRead a chapter in the book and then went back for a round of super reading. You have to watch it carefully to see me flip back to the first of that chapter. Most people will need more time for super reading (actually, most people take too much time for super reading!) My preparation was nearly instantaneous, and I did not preview.

The computer demonstration was a straight PhotoRead session with no manual activation. I merely described images that floated through my mind when he asked questions. I did better than I expected.

OP Offline

Hm.

I'll take your word on that.

Well then, Amazing.

I shall keep my eye out for the PR infomercial for a second observation.

OP Offline

Concerning what you did in the computer, you just photoread and he asked you specific questions and you visualized the answer? So then, your mind comprehends a great deal in just a single quick photoreading session (without the incubation time)? Hm. Amazing.

Hey Marvin!!! - Any luck w/ your PR Course yet?? I haven't really been able to go through it b/c w/ school work n' all. I went through some of the book n' the techniques really helped, especially w/ our last literature test!! Hopefully I can go through the tape part when I have time. Well, I'll catch ya' around!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I did not visualize the answer. Rather images came up in my mind and I responded to the images.

Having the images come up was not a conscious process.

Your first step is to learn the system so that you can get through information three times faster than you can now...

Pete, normal speedreading can get you up to "3 times faster than you do now." I know that you're just being modest. PR is realistically 10 times faster than normal. I just read a book on astronomy in 7 minutes- I was bored and wanted to take my mind off of the recent events (I'm sure everyone knows the feeling) and I wanted to slow read it but simply couldn't. I timed myself at 7 minutes, simply amazing.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

One of the differences is that speed reading can get you to 3 times faster whereas that is where PhotoReading starts!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved