Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Does anybody else here remember Alphanetics which was advertised on "Amazing Discoveries" (the same infomerical people who brought Harry Lorayne's Memory Power, Ouri Cleaner, etc., etc..

This system used a metronome which supposedly helped train your eyes to go faster and faster across a line of text. I can still remember their tag line "How would you like to read 5, 10 even 20 times faster with better comprehension than you had before."

And now, it's gone! Every now and then it pops up on Ebay, but not often.

Anybody remember this?

I have the ebook and it is alright. It's basically the same as learning speedreading. There is a program that does the same thing that you can use on the computer. If anyone is interested I will post the link.

OP Offline

That's interesting. Post the link!

Thanks.

Hi Shaan,
I just downloaded the software. It seems very interesting regarding rapid reading in PR.
Do you have the full ebook?

yes, i do. Paid money for it though.

Hi Shaan.

I don't want to bother you but I have some simple questions for you since I only have the demo-software and the demo-ebook.

Is it right that the SpeedReading2000-System is only based on pushing the reading speed forward using accelerated accoustic ticks?

Do you really always read the same SFSRM (For others: Specially Formatted Speed Reading Material) with 6WPL (Words per Line), 7WPL, ...?

In the speedreadingforum I just read a post which says that you can get SFSRM with higher WPL from the Website when you have the password.

Isn't it poosible to read a free chosen text, format it via any text editor to a xWPL document ("SFSRM", ha ha) and learn speed reading with any programmable acoustic timer at less costs???

Does this system work for you Shaan? What's your actual speed?

There's another question: What is about memorizing the whole text after reading it over and over again? It seems to me that it is impossible not to get 100% comprehension.

I'm really interested in your opinion about this system.

Glad to have you here.
Benjamin

Let me try to attack your questions one at a time.

Is it right that the SpeedReading2000-System is only based on pushing the reading speed forward using accelerated accoustic ticks?

Yes this is true. What the program does is give a steady beat while slowly speeding it up until it hits a peak, then it slows down to a steady pace.

Do you really always read the same SFSRM (For others: Specially Formatted Speed Reading Material) with 6WPL (Words per Line), 7WPL, ...?

I just use the program exactly how it is shown. I printed the material which has about 6-7 WPL.

In the speedreadingforum I just read a post which says that you can get SFSRM with higher WPL from the Website when you have the password.

I haven't visited the site in quite some time, however, I don't think it matters much. You can use any material anyway. I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Isn't it poosible to read a free chosen text, format it via any text editor to a xWPL document ("SFSRM", ha ha) and learn speed reading with any programmable acoustic timer at less costs???

Of course!! You can record the same sound into a microphone into windows 9x and turn the wav into mp3 or leave it as a wav(If you don't know what that means reply back).

Does this system work for you Shaan?

Definitely!! I never realized how much I sub-vocalize until I started the program. It helped to eliminate 90 percent of my sub-vocalizing.

What's your actual speed?

When I first started I was at about 350 wpm. This was in 1999. I started and stopped for a while. Eventually though I got to about 1000 wpm, which isn't too bad.

There's another question: What is about memorizing the whole text after reading it over and over again? It seems to me that it is impossible not to get 100% comprehension.

I thought about that too and so did many other people. You still have to read it though. In addition, you can use other material such as books and the like.

I hope my answers were sufficient. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

shaan,

It is said that range from 1000 to 1200 words per minute is area of Total Recall, which means you can remember close to 100% of what you read.

Since you read at 1000 wpm, how does this apply to you? Did you see any improvement in retention of material?

Since you read at 1000 wpm, how does this apply to you? Did you see any improvement in retention of material?

I stopped on and off but I must say that it helped me a great deal. I do remember quite a bit more. You don't experience total recall of everything. That's just BS. They call that puffing in law. But expect your reading time to be cut by a third-at least. Just make sure that you keep practicing.

Hope this answers your question.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved