Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

Something just hit me. Years ago my mom was into Dianetics and she got this video that showed an "Auditing" session.

One person just sat there and talked to another person about a problem she was having. She wasn't hypnotized or anything but just sat there and described what was comming to her. On her own she came to the solution to her problem.

Isn't that just like Image Streaming?

Andy,

What I've read on image streaming is like free association. Closing your eyes and describing vividly everything that is pictured there. From what Ive read from Win Wenger; it helps learning (IQ) when one is describing to another person or to a tape recorder.

Wayne

Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

I posted that in Sept and since read the Einstein book.

From what I see Auditing IS ImageStreaming only Dianetics is considered a "Church" and they have to pay no taxes. They are the true geniuses.

I believe it is same as image-streaming (or, at least, very similar). That's exactly what you do in imagesteaming. But keep in mind that in imagestreaming one should talk constantly (no stops, no editing, no right or wrong way to say it...) so that eventually one articulates direcly stream of thoughts from subconscious mind, without conscious intervention. If done correctly, it is possible that one does not have conscious recollection of what he/she said during imagestream; hence tape recorder or a person (I think). Also, imagestream can be quite simbolic, and even not meaningful at first glance. Conscious analysis, which comes after (listening) imagestream, is supposed to "translate" those symbols to meaningful, logic things.

The most interested thing with all of these techniques for self-improvement (be it mental, emotional, physical or spiritual) is that NONE of them are new. They all have roots in ancient civilizations. Thousands of years old knowledge, which is not scientific (theoretical), but extremely practical, is constantly being "rediscovered" by individuals, who add a few details and give it their name. And then they sell it!

Don't get me wrong... I have nothing against those individuals. In fact, I'm glad at least someone sees real value in ancient old truths/methods/tecnhniques and that they want to share it with others. But average person should be open to that valuable klnowledge the first time he hears it (because most of the time we do stumble upon it in original form, but don't pay attention, because it doesn't cost anything and because it's not "approved" by modern institutions, or scientifically proven), instead of the first time someone tries to sell it to him.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved