Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#23624 09/30/01 08:07 AM
OP Offline

Hi i'm going to practice ImageStreaming my hope is to improve my intelligence , visualization skill and activating photoreaded books. I've read how to imagestream from winwenger.com already but still have some unclear questions

1) how to use all of my sense when describing the image aloud? does the smell come from external or i have to imagine the smell of my mentel image i'm seeing i'm really confused because someone said it's good to imagestream in the garden so that i can describe the smell but i think the smell should come from my subconcious instead from external world.

2) do i have to wait for the feeling and the taste of the image to come spontaneously or should i make up the feeling when i see the image though actually i feel and taste nothing ... i think if i don't make up i'll still feel nothing at all and if i don't use all of my 5 sense will it loses its effectiveness ?

3) how will my visualization improve ? will i see clearer image in my mind ?

thank u in advance.
excuse my poor english.

Your english is fine. Don't worry.

I think i'm going to start using image streaming. I need to start really seeing the pictures in my head. It is all in there but i
must get it out.

Thanks.

Don't describe anything that doesn't come to you. If a sense doesn't come, lets say all you say is what you see, then THAT'S what you see, don't try to throw stuff in there just to make sure it's an anatomically correct image stream. The #1 mistake is to not say it OUT LOUD into a tape recorder. Mental talk is the difference between meditation and image streaming. Get a voice activated recorder so you can sit there as long as you want without worrying about wasted time or tape. I've done that and sometimes I find myself just sitting there doing nothing and I just say "well, that was a nice meditation" and that's that.

From reading Win's stuff, I got a different impression than Andy030. I interpreted Win as saying it's OK to "augment" the Image Stream with imagined things. For instance, as you see something playing out, imagine what you might hear or smell and add that detail. Somewhere (I think in his tape set AND The Einstein Factor), Win suggests this as a technique for getting the Image Stream going. As you develop comfort with the process and you get more in tune with your own internal experience, you'll have less need to augment.

My own experience supported Win's suggestions. As I "added to" the Image Stream experience, I got more wrapped up in it. Eventually, it was no longer an issue because the experience grew vivid enough that the experience seemed complete.

I never thought of that. I just didn't want him to worry about doing it "right" and to just let go.

I think you're spot on with the direction of your thoughts. More often than not, when we try to accomplish anything new, fretting over whether or not we're doing it right or not does more harm than good (there must be exceptions to that sweeping generalization...).

Perhaps we can agree on this:

Try it. If you derive benefit from expanding your sensory experience, keep doing it. If you find it distracting or stressful, stop it.

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this.
Doctor: Stop doing that!

These are "brain games" and instructions are written from one person's perspective. As tools, we are all free to personalize them to maximize our own benefit. We are the only experts when it comes to our own internal experiences.

In the case of Image Streaming (as Andy030 mentioned), the one rule that seems of paramount importance is the feedback loop created by speaking the experience aloud to a person or recorder. As mentioned in a previous posting, there is a recorder available at the Iomega site that is free and allows you to Image Stream to your PC if you don't have a tape player.

OP Offline

Thanks but i still have three problems
first is like T@CoolRead's i can't get the image all i see is black when i close my eyes but i think that i really see the image when i take a bath i don't know why but i try to see image just for fun and experiment i really see them but when i seriously attempt to imagestream i see a few or nothing i try to relax before trying to see image but i still got the same result. i think i'm going to try "Beautiful Scence Technique" but another problem is that i've got no beautiful scenes !!! please someone send me a beautiful picture so that i can use this technique or give me the best technique for inducing images in my mind

the Second problem is i feel so embarrassed when describing images(which i have very few ) that i think i pay no attention at tape recorder and describe in not very good way will that reduce the effectiveness of imagestreaming ?

the last problem is that i really can't use all of my 5 sense because i really taste nothing and touch nothing and my images are not vivid at all they last only a half second and i have to make up things in order to describe them i think i'll continue use only my vision sense until my image get more vivid then i'll use other 4 senses. is that OK ?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Theerapun,

1. I don't have strong visual images either but that doesn't prevent me from doing it. My visualizations are "ghost-like" images. Sort of like outlines drawn on glass. However, it does improve as detail is added to what I'm saying. If I don't see detail, I make it up. To be honest, I've gotten more vivid images while listening to paraliminals. I'm not image streaming then but I definitely get much clearer images while that relaxed. Perhaps you could start off with a paraliminal if you have one. Another good way to relax is to use the Silva method relaxation technique. Or you might find a relaxation MP3 on the web. Win talks about the Squelcher and that seems very valid. Real relaxation seems to get the Squelcher out of the way.

Have you tried any of the other techniques like "Old Dream Recall," "Afterimage Method," "Story Method," or "Fantasia Method?"

For beautiful images, you might check the Lord of the Rings movie site. It seems to me there were some beautiful images captured from the movie.

2. Yep, it makes you feel kind of self conscious talking out loud to a machine. Would it help to imagine one of your good friends was in the room and you were describing it to him or her? Would that change the details? It doesn't matter how "good" your descriptions are. You'll get better over time. You aren't going for an award here. The point is to go for detail.

Don't say the tree is green. Explain what the leaves and the bark look like. Can you recall a time when you heard wind blowing through leaves? If so, describe that too. What kind of sound has that made in the past?

3. Throw in other senses whenever it feels right to you. If an idea pops into your head about another sense that you could describe at that point, go for it. Don't strain to come up with something. If you can't imagine the sound of sticks cracking under your feet as you walk, just describe what you see. Just like PhotoReading, it's an acquired skill.

Are you trying to "see" the images in front of your physical eyes (eyes closed)? I did that for a long time and the results weren't good. I noticed that when I got vivid images during a paraliminal, they were behind my eyes. Sounds odd, but I think I was actually "looking" in the wrong place. I expected the images to be almost out in front of me, like a TV or movie screen.

OP Offline

Thanks a million mgrego2 many of my questions have been cleared by you.Actually you're the first person who answer me the questions in the way that i want .But i'm still curious about its effect.could you tell me after a month of imagestreaming how do you feel about the difference in your life? does it help you in activation of photoreading? does it make your dream recall better? does it induce your lucid dream? does it make you brighter?

Theerapun,

I'm surprised it made any sense, but I'm glad.

Work has been incredibly busy for the last few months, so I've done almost nothing lately. When I was image streaming on a more regular basis, I felt more clear. My mind seemed less muddled. I felt more creative and ideas seemed to come more easily. There was no noticeable impact on my dreams (but PhotoReading does seem to cause more vivid and bizarre dreams.) Couldn't say if it made me any smarter.

It's a goal of mine to get started PhotoReading and Image Streaming at the same time (same time period, not simultaneously). Always before, if I was doing one, I didn't have time for the other, so I haven't seen the combined benefits.

Please keep us informed of your progress.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved