Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23719 10/05/01 03:15 AM
sniffle Offline OP
OP Offline

Lets say I want to actually "read" a book...not photoread, superread or dip. I just want to read if for pleasure and I want to make sure I dont miss anything (its supposed to be a really funny book). Would it hurt my photoreading skills at all if I just read this book the "old school" way?

Sniffle:

Always remember that photoreading is a tool to compliment regular reading. There will be times when you would like to read the old fashioned way and then there will be times when the old way is too slow. You decide. There is nothing wrong with wanting to read some things slow and savor ever word, but by the same token you may be require to read a 300 plus pages of boring technical stuff for your profession and you want to get it over with but with comprehension, that's were photoreading kicks in. So don't feel guilty about wanting to read the old fashioned way

Sniffle:

One other thing. I'll leave you with this thought. If you decide to skateboard, would your bike riding skills suffer?????????

I slow read alot and it doesn't screw up anything. If you're afraid you'll be undoing skills you worked for, it wont.

Hello,
I am reading the Odessey by Homer for school. It totaly stinks because you can hardly understand it reading regular. My instructor truly expects us to have close to 100 percent comprehention. So, i photo read and preview first and then i regular read it.

So some things just aren't compatable with photoreading. This expirience has NOT affected my ability to PHOTO READ.

goooooooood luck.

Keep in mind, the PhotoReading step will imprint all the patterns of text into your "other-than-conscious" mind. So, even if you don't have an opportunity to do the activation techniques, you are going to build associations at a conscious level much quicker than just regular-reading it alone. As well as improved retention.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved