Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

I am really bent on buying the course however, i am being discouraged by a close relative of mine. He said that since I'm pretty old already (28 yrs), my memory and reading speed would no longer improve. Is there any truth to that? Im planning to get another degree and I am hoping that this course would somewhat help me.

Go for it!
I bought the course at the age of 51 & saw all kinds of improvement.

The only ingredient anyone ever needs for improvement is..........enthusiasm & a yearning to do something.

Then all the people & tools seem to just show up out of nowhere to help us along.

NOWHERE >>>>>>>>>>> NOW HERE It's as fast as a simple change of thought.

28........you're a kid to me

Don't be discouraged. There's no reason.

Every memory expert agrees that capability of our brains depends on how much we use it. People often misunderstand and think when you're old, you're unable to get the best from your brain. The truth is, your brain is like any musle in your body. It doesn't depend what age you are, you can always imrove your physique. Just have to use the muscles. Same applies here.

I like Margaret's approach. Childish curiosity and yearning, plus experience and knowledge of mature person. Great combination!

Remember: "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you're right". (I probably didn't phrase it right, but you get the message)

I'm 29.

I've read about people in their 60's and 70's going back to school. Guess they had an awakening of some sort.

Get the course and set your mind free.

I'm 36 and I just figured this stuff out this year. Actually, I'm still learning this stuff.

Learning is a lifelong process. If you quit learning your enthusiasm for life starts to decrease and you start to grow old.

I'm 30 and if I had a "close relative" that gave me advice like that I think they would soon be a distant relative if you know what I mean.

Just because your about the enter the rest home is no reason to believe you can't still learn something new.

OP Offline

I guess you are all right . 30 seems like an unfamiliar territory to me . Well, I guess you all managed through or else you wont be giving me sound advices .

Yes. Life and learning is a constant change and the potential of the human brain is so vast. I think it is a disservice to myself if I put a limit to my potential and opportunity because of age, uncertainty, fears and what other people think.

Aint it funny? When I was in HS, i cant wait to reach college. When I was in college, I can't wait to move out and work. Now, I've quit my job and can't wait to go back to school !

I Love Chocolate:

That relative of your's, "Don't listen to him/her" I'm 47. Life is a learning experience. Your spirit was sent to this planet to experience and learn. Once it has completed it's mission, it will return to heaven above. Until then, learn all that is learnable. Experience all that there is to experience and ENJOY!!!!!! And that also includes learn Photoreading and experience reading in a whole new way and enjoying it.

You come into this world naked and you'll leave with just as much with the exception of everything in your mind.

Dear I love chocolates: Your relative hasn't read any recent studies on aging which shows that even though short term memory starts to go after a few years, the biggest reason why it goes is because the mind is not challenged and stimulated. Twenty eight is young as heck as far as memory goes. Im glad you are going back to school!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved