Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#23885 10/12/01 05:10 AM
OP Offline

What do you guys think about memory enhancers? Do you think they work? I’m talking about herbals like gingko Biloba, B- vitamins, Glutamic acid. These supplements claim to give you better memory and concentration, but I didn’t notice results went I tried them. Gingko makes me sleepy or gives me a headache, I also felt dizzy went I tried it. Glutamic acid gives you more concentration, but the side effect makes you feel nervous and sometimes tire. I also have tried Vinposetine which is popular in Europe, but I wouln’t recommend that one either. I’m a senior graduating this semester with a Bachelor in Accounting from Florida International University. I have a 3.25 GPA, which is very decent considering my major. For four years I have tried many so call brain boosters, but they don’t seem to work. The mentioned earlier are the most popular ones. Since Photo reading is for people who want to better themselves, I was wondering if any of you have also tried brain boosters. If so. Have you find at least one that have helped you remembering or concentrating better then before. I’m asking this because I want to sturdy for my CPA and get my masters afterward. I figure that with Photo reading and any supplement that you guys might recommend I will achieve higher grades and a lot more knowledge.

Thanks in advance for those of you who answer………..

#23886 10/12/01 05:48 AM

I said this before down below. Go to www.dragondoor.com and get the book called "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" if you want a brain boost that comes from testosterone, HGH and all those fun hormones. You won't need those supplements.

#23887 10/12/01 03:16 PM

Hello Giancarlo,
I know that people have different experiences with the same herbal (or even pharmaceutical drug), but for me the way to go is Ginseng. I have been taking it every single day now for the last 5 years, and it boosts my alertness, concentration, and memory, as well as took away my heartburn completely. I was surprised that you did not list ginseng along with your list of the 'popular' herbals. Anyway, ginseng has helped me stay awake and productive for 4 hours of night school right after working a full 8 hour days at work (3 nights a week.)

#23888 10/12/01 04:25 PM
OP Offline

Gapman, Thanks for your response. How long did it take you to notice results using Ginseng. I tried it for a 3 week period and did not feel anything new in my concentration and memory, so I stop using it. Also, Went is the best time to take it before or after meals.

Thanks,

#23889 10/12/01 06:32 PM

hey Andy! thats amazing you mentioned the NHE book. i ordered it last year and i thought i was the only person who had it! its the most amazing book on health ive ever read. i love how straightforward it is. and when Paul Scheele stresses health as a supplement to the PR course, i recommend "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" by Rob Faigin as the bible of health.

#23890 10/12/01 08:24 PM
OP Offline

Mateo, Where did you buy the Natural Hormonal Enhancement. Which supplement have you tried. Did it work???????

#23891 10/13/01 01:34 PM

www.dragondoor.com

When I was on the Anabolic/Metabolic Diet I was sure I was the only one on the planet eating like that. I'm doing NHE but only eating twice a day, usually at dinner and then right before bed. Other than the # of meals a day and timing of meals I'm following everything and it kicks ***. I think there are other great diets too but this one tackles the aging issue really good.

#23892 10/14/01 04:09 PM

Hello Giancarlo,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Ginseng takes a little while to build up in your system before you really start noticing the results. For me it took at least a solid month before I could feel the effects, but it was well worth the wait. I continue to take it as a lifestyle medication, one pill every morning with breakfast. I believe that morning is the best time to take it, as this gives your body all day to process it. Taking with food is optimal in my opinion, although I do not miss a dosage if I am running late in the morning and don't have time to eat.
What I use is the 'Triple Ginseng' standardized formula from the GNC store in the mall.
I hope my response has been of some help to you. I urge you to try it for at least a month; you might be surprised at some of the unintended benefits (like how it took away my chronic heartburn.)

#23893 10/16/01 03:18 AM
OP Offline

Thanks for the info. I just bought Panax Ginseng 200mg. I will try it for a month nonstop to see if it works. I'm doing it for the memory and concentration results rather then for anything else...

Thanks!!

#23894 10/17/01 05:31 AM

Please I'd like some feedback about the Ginseng :)

I bought a box of Korean red ginseng, with 30 capsules. It costs about $13 usd. Quite expensive in my opinion, more considering that in the prospectus is said that you should take 2-3 capsules (3=0.9gr) per day.

Went home and my mother told me that she had a box of 90 tablets of ginseng, she bought them for $14-15, 3 times cheaper. It's not red, which supposedly is better... but, 3 times better? :P The quantity is the same, 3 tablets per day = 0.9gr.

So, what could be better, red ginseng 1 capsule/day o this other one (Levsovit is the mark) 3 tablets/day as it's 3 time cheaper or even 1 tablet/day to make it last more, hehe...

In favor of the red ginseng I've to say that in the past 2 weeks I've had some heartburn, not casual like sometimes, but after EVERY meal. After taking the first capsule (on past monday, 15th), I've not had heartburn again. But then remain the other good properties of the ginseng... will 1capsule/day be enough to enjoy them?

Well, enough! Thanks for reading in case you've arrived here.
And thanks in advance for the responses, if I get any, that's :)

And much thanks Gapman for your comments about the ginseng and your heartburn problems. As I've eradicated mines after the first 2 capsules.

[This message has been edited by Rogin (edited October 16, 2001).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved